Live TV freezes after several minutes

sciotosurfer

sciotosurfer

While I love most things about Emby, I continue to struggle with Live TV. I have two HDHomeRun Connect (total of 4 tuners) feeding Emby. These are the Over-The-Air tuners. I dropped cable about a year ago. If I watch directly with the HDHomeRun app, everything is great. I've always had issues with Emby Live TV glitching or freezing up. I've tried everything I can think of, i.e. tweaking settings, upgrading ffmpeg, swapping hardware (cables, switches, even the antenna), etc. Hoping you can help. I cleared the logs. Restarted Emby and tuned to a live channel (the classic 1982 Night Shift was on). After it froze, I copied the logs. Both the server and ffmpeg logs are attached. Thank you.

ffmpeg-transcode-034682e0-a7ad-408f-88aa-bef6cdd4dbd7.txt

server-63635822051.txt

Hi, what is your HDHR firmware version? is it up to date? Also i notice you have customized your ffmpeg, which means you are potentially using a version that we haven't tested with. So that is something to keep in mind.

Have you tried monitoring your signal strength while this is going on? thanks.

sciotosurfer

I believe I'm up to date. Version 3.2.24.0. Only installed the latest ffmpeg as a last ditch effort to fix Live TV issues. Can go back if you want me to. I tried monitoring the signal strength but wasn't sure what I was looking at. Found the place to view it but it didn't show the +/- number in parenthesis as described in most forums I read.

sciotosurfer

I have tried two different antenna and we are only about 30 to 50 miles from the stations. Also, this seems to happen on any and all stations so I wasn't thinking signal strength issues.

sciotosurfer

OOPS! I'M VERY SORRY!!!  It's late and been a long day... just noticed you asked for HDHR firmware... that is also up to date, I believe. Running 20170612beta1. Previous comment was Emby version. I'm heading to bed and promise will read responses much better in the morning. Thanks again for looking into this. 

Edited by sciotosurfer

sciotosurfer

Alright. New day. I went back to the original ffmpeg. Cleared the logs. Rebooted. Opened Emby. Set it to record American Ninja tonight (friend's daughter is competing) and then went to a live TV channel to see what would happen. Unfortunately, the same thing. New logs are attached. :(

ffmpeg-transcode-f86b3940-5b6e-4e64-8bbd-ac4010832dd0.txt

server-63635913544.txt

sciotosurfer

So, even though I had just upgraded the HDHR firmware last month, I found a new update that came out this month. Put that on and watched TV for almost an hour with no freeze. Keep your fingers crossed. Luke's first thought might have been the solution. Will test more tomorrow night.