wrong photo when selecting from last page on webclient and android

m2edwards

maegibbons

it is quite rediculous that this bug is still oustanding. 

No point of having the frills of auto uploading pics from your phone if you cannot simply view them in emby.

Get it sorted please!  It just looks so BAD also from a support point of view that a straighforward and well replicated bug is not dealt with.

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Dustin2050

hello,

I have the same issue with the latest Version of Emby.

Can we have Solution soon or a fix because this Problem makes Emby useless for pictures :/

• 2 weeks later...
maegibbons

Actually the cut off has just moved from 300 to 500

So better but not fixed.

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the problem persists, only occuring after 500 photos.

Honestly, I don't understand, why it takes so long to solve this bug, since it looks like some bad counter behaviour only.

And it is very easily reproducable by putting like 1000 pictures into one single folder...

As allready told, it makes Emby useless for photo libraries.

Apologies for the delay on this. It is waiting on some internal changes that are in progress with the apps before this will be fully resolved. Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...
polpao

Trying with server version 3.3.1.0. There is no pagination by bigger library, but the problem still persists. Do you have any estimation when could the problem be possibly solved? Thanks.

The UI changes are the prep work for the virtual scrolling that we'll be adding. Then we'll be able to more easily address this. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
polpao

The new stable version 3.4 is out but this issue still present. :-( It is allready almost 1 year since the creation of this topic.

polpao

I can understand that implementing some new feature requests can take a long time, mainly if the new feature has not a very high priority, but this thread is about the REPORTED BUG. And to let the the bug be without any attempt to solve it for 1 year is a bit too long. It does make a good impression of the whole project. Even some temporary solution (temporary hack) would be preferable. Later could be done more solid solution. Only my 5 cents...

extensive

I can understand that implementing some new feature requests can take a long time, mainly if the new feature has not a very high priority, but this thread is about the REPORTED BUG. And to let the the bug be without any attempt to solve it for 1 year is a bit too long. It does make a good impression of the whole project. Even some temporary solution (temporary hack) would be preferable. Later could be done more solid solution. Only my 5 cents...

its not just your 2 cents.  i started using the camera upload feature just recently.  found this bug and went to the forums to see it has been reported for over a year.  the whole emby app just feels unpolished and rushed.  like somebody else reported, why have a camera upload feature if this bug makes it basically unusable?  my wife was looking back at our old pictures of our kids, got to a point and every picture she clicked on was a video from previously!

• 3 weeks later...
fpoilles

Hi there, have there been any updates on this issue or anything users can tweak until the bug is resolved? Thanks!

Edited by fpoilles

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

its not just your 2 cents.  i started using the camera upload feature just recently.  found this bug and went to the forums to see it has been reported for over a year.  the whole emby app just feels unpolished and rushed.  like somebody else reported, why have a camera upload feature if this bug makes it basically unusable?  my wife was looking back at our old pictures of our kids, got to a point and every picture she clicked on was a video from previously!

@luke  i have this same issue i can create you an account if you like, with my photos access...  its either related to file naming or any photos that were uploaded during or prior to a specific emby server version..   I cant spot the pattern..     all of my newly uploaded photos are fine.  Like i said it seems to be photos uploaded prior to a specific version of the server all point to the last video played.   Yet you can download those photos and view them just fine.   

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

We're looking into it, thanks.

did you do anything, cuz its fixed for me!