wrong photo when selecting from last page on webclient and android

m2edwards

m2edwards

Hi,

I have  Emby Server Version 3.2.20.0.  In the webapp (Chrome), using the photo gallery/slideshow, if I click on the thumbnail of any photo which is more than the 202nd photo in the folder, Emby displays the first one in the folder.  So in other words, if I have a folder with less than 202 photos every thing works fine.  If I have a folder with 300 photos and I click on the last thumbnail, Emby displays the first photo in the folder.

No errors are displayed when this happens.

Any help is greatly apreicated,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
ginjaninja

i have 432 pictures in my photo library. when i browse to last page and click on any photo that photo is not shown, rather an earlier photo from the library. not a new issue rather im on holiday and syncing camera pictures and browsing so noticing the issue more..can anyone else reproduce.?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ginjaninja

ill keep looking...my photo library shows 100 per page..if i choose any photo from page 3 onwards..photo 001 is shown....my phone is configured to sync photos so the number of photos is changing although i think the issue is still present when all is settled. only page 3 onwards is affected...page 1 and 2 works as expected.

eraser8

Have the same behaviour on 3.2.25. If I can suggest an improvement for photos, could it be possible to add something specific on the thumbnails when this is a video? Like a transluscide play logo? For this moment, we cannot tell if it is a video or a photo behind the thumbnail.

Not a bug, just a suggestion :) It will facilitate the browsing of photo/video.

Thanks Luke

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the same behaviour on 3.2.26.0. After upgrading to 3.2.27.0 the situation got better: now I can see more than 200 photos, but comming to 300 brings the problem again.

So it looks, like some commit between 3.2.26.0 and 3.2.27.0 changed the upper range from 200 to 300.

• 2 weeks later...
ginjaninja

if i click on picture 300 in webclient so its full screen and swipe next..i get picture 001 and Not picture 301...it seems there is a 300 picture hard limit to the full screen picture view..

If your library has more than 300 pictures and you dont experience that then i guess i need to wipe my database and restart..ive tried rescanning the library.

pir8radio

@@Luke my other topic was locked https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49952-strange-photos-videos-issue/ but this is not the same issue. Our issue in that topic is that whenever a picture is selected the last played video will start playing again, no matter what picture I select it plays a video... This affects any pictures in a library added prior to, either an older date or older Emby version. Newer pictures will display the proper image...

This is the first or any page of the photos/videos library.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

I have found a pattern to my issue (which is different from the OP)  If i watch an iphone video    IMG_6829.mov  then i try to open ANY other regular image file, also from an iphone IMG_1001  the video i last watched will play (IMG_6829.mov)...     If i change the title on the image from "IMG_1001" to "klfjdsldsfj" (or any other word) it displays the proper image fine..     is this an issue with the IMG_ confusing things?  If I change the title back to "IMG_1001" the last video i watched will play just as it did before i renamed the image title within emby.  My images are un-usable at the moment.   see previous thread for more info.  logs show nothing, only that i'm requesting the same img_6829.mov each time i click any image.. This leads me to believe its in the js and being requested like this on the client side. 

if i click on picture 300 in webclient so its full screen and swipe next..i get picture 001 and Not picture 301...it seems there is a 300 picture hard limit to the full screen picture view..

If your library has more than 300 pictures and you dont experience that then i guess i need to wipe my database and restart..ive tried rescanning the library.

I have the exactly same problem. Did anyone found the solution?

ginjaninja

I have the exactly same problem. Did anyone found the solution?

thanks for confirming...thought i was going mad.

• 2 weeks later...
m2edwards

Yes,  I've notice that after 300 photos it displays the first one in the folder rather than the photo I click on.  I'm running 3.2.30.0.  Any updates on this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just installed the server and the first problem I bumped into is this problem. I select the last photo but it shows the first one. I also realize with regret that so long after this thread created there is no solution yet???

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk