A couple Choclate questions

lucasbuck

lucasbuck

I just upgraded to MB3 tonight. Would have done it sooner, but after a long house remodel, finally setting the htpc back up. I had some questions and couldn't find answers in the new forums:

1 - I remember there was a way back when I was using MB2 and Sapphire to go in and set ALL folder and box images smaller (rather than going into each level\folder and doing it manually). Is there still a way to do that? I know I can do it by configuing one level at a time, but that will take a bit and wanted to save some time if I could.

2 - I usually set my box images small (like above) because I like the fanart background I have. Is there a way to turn off the mirror imaging effect at the bottom that blacks things out? (Below the boxes, so you can see the bottom of the fanart instead)

On side note, I unchecked things like music, favorites, etc. because I don't use them at this point, but they still show up in the enhanced menu. Is there something I'm missing?

Great work on everything, it really looks nice. Thanks for any help!

1 - I believe you would have to manually edit the configuration file for each user and set the default poster size in there.

2 - Sorry, not at this time.

Sidenote - re-start MBC.

lucasbuck

Thanks for the quick reply. I really like the theme you did a great job! If anyone happens to know where I would look for a default size that would be great. I'll poke around myself but don't want to screw anything up.

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations\[username]-MediaBrowserXml.config:

<DefaultPosterSize>
    <Height>220</Height>
    <Width>220</Width>
  </DefaultPosterSize>

lucasbuck

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations\[username]-MediaBrowserXml.config:

<DefaultPosterSize>
    <Height>220</Height>
    <Width>220</Width>
  </DefaultPosterSize>

Thanks for the reply. That tricky doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed it to various sizes, restarted, etc. I checked to make sure it wasn't setting it back to 220, but it still had the values I entered.

Thanks for the reply. That tricky doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed it to various sizes, restarted, etc. I checked to make sure it wasn't setting it back to 220, but it still had the values I entered.

That will only be used the very first time you produce an image, I believe.  After that, we save the size in the display preferences for that folder.  So, if you've already brought the items up, their initial size was already set.

lucasbuck

That will only be used the very first time you produce an image, I believe.  After that, we save the size in the display preferences for that folder.  So, if you've already brought the items up, their initial size was already set.

Would it be possible to reload the database or clear out the images?

You could shut down the server and delete the displayprefs.db in the data directory but that will eliminate all display settings for all users on all clients.

lucasbuck

You could shut down the server and delete the displayprefs.db in the data directory but that will eliminate all display settings for all users on all clients.

That didn't work either (in case someone else trying to do the same thing stumbles across this thread.) But it's not a big deal, I just worked on doing it by hand. Thanks for the info!

If I could ask another quick question. I wanted to delete all the old MB2 stuff. How many places did it make folders? And what are the instillation locations for MB3 so I avoid them?

ProgramData\MediaBrowser is MB2 - you can safely remove this whole folder.

ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic is MBC

Program Files (x86)\MediaBrowser is both - don't remove anything here.

I guess the default poster size is actually being determined by the server now.  Sorry.

lucasbuck

ProgramData\MediaBrowser is MB2 - you can safely remove this whole folder.

ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic is MBC

Program Files (x86)\MediaBrowser is both - don't remove anything here.

I guess the default poster size is actually being determined by the server now.  Sorry.

No problem about the posters, it was worth a shot. So there's nothing in the x86 folder that can be removed, just leave the old files in it?