DVBViewer Can't record single episode

millsii

millsii

Hi,

We are about to go on holiday, so am setting up some recordings within Emby for my first time. I am using the DVBViewer Plugin. Setting up series recordings works fine. However, when selecting a show to record once the circle just continually spins in the middle of the screen and no recording appears under the Schedule tab.

Attached is the server log file, which has a fair number errors when trying to setup the single recording. Setting a single recording directly within the DVBViewer recording service works fine.

Any help on how to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Cheers!

server-63635717158.txt

millsii

I found the problem after seeing a screen shot you provided to help someone in another thread. I didn't have UPnP enabled *face palm*

Setting up recordings works fine now :)

• Like 1

pünktchen

How do we prevent others from also assuming it is an emby problem?

I don't know what you're trying here to achieve here?! The OP didn't complain about Emby in any way, he clearly states he had a problem with the DVBViewer plugin in Emby.

millsii

@@Luke as pünktchen has said, I wasn't saying there was an issue with Emby. I knew that the DVB Viewer recording service was working fine as could set a recording directly within that program, and playing Live TV within Emby from the DVB Viewer plugin worked without issue.

Looking at the server log I could see there was something going wrong when trying to initiate a recording within Emby via the DVB Viewer plugin. I tried some other recording fixes in other threads such as recording folder permissions, but those did not help. So I was hoping someone with a more trained eye than mine could tell what the errors were saying was the problem. Given no one else was having the same issue, I had a strong feeling it was to do with my setup.

When pünktchen asked me to attach the service.xml file it got me looking at the DVB Viewer recording service config, and reading other general threads where pünktchen had provided support. That's when I saw the post with the screen shot and I noticed differences to my setup, ie I had not enabled UPnP.