Making folder sort sticky / configuring it globally

rshah21

rshah21

Hi all. As a new user, I may have missed a relevant forum topic, but I did a search of the wiki and the forums and didn't find this question posted...

I'm trying to figure out how to make a folder sort sticky.  In my case have two Libraries - one of type Home videos / images and one of type Mixed content.  In either one, when I browse into the folder structure, the default sort is Name - Ascending.  If I set the Sort to Date Added - Descending manually in the Web GUI it works.  If I then browse into a select a file and then go back using the browser back button or reload the folder, I lose the sort (it reverts to Name-Ascending).  If I use the back arrow in the Web GUI, Emby keeps the Date Added - Descending sort order.  

My question is this: Is there a way to make Sort Order "sticky" so that on browser page refresh it remembers a  user's preference  for sort order?  I believe this currently works for the listing style (poster / thumbnail / list) so one might be able to do it for sort order.

Alternatively, is there a way to set the sort order for a library or even all libraries site wide?  

Any help would be much appreciated.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
whereisglenn

I'd second this - I'm constantly having to change my Recorded TV folder to "Date Added - Descending" to view the most recent recordings. Just about every other view setting can be configured in the User Profile except this. I'd even be happy to edit a config file rather than frontend GUI if anyone knows if this functionality exists in the backend.

I'd second this - I'm constantly having to change my Recorded TV folder to "Date Added - Descending" to view the most recent recordings. Just about every other view setting can be configured in the User Profile except this. I'd even be happy to edit a config file rather than frontend GUI if anyone knows if this functionality exists in the backend.

Hi.  The TV apps will already remember these settings for each folder and I think the other apps now have that in beta.

Thanks.