Emby time incorrect on chromecast.

crypto

crypto

There is no chromecast section... so since the server is on linux I will post here, sorry if this was wrong.

Casting from any device.  Emby logo screen with changing backdrops.  The clock shows 1 hour behind.  Could be non-DST but not sure.  Chromecast shows the correct time.  The server shows the correct time on its desktop and has had both NTP installed and not installed with no change on Emby.  All casting devices have the correct time... this forum account has the correct time... Emby does not.  Where is the clock setting so I can adjust or turn off clock?  Where does Emby gets its time from? 

We're actually using a function on the Chromecast itself to get the current time. It sounds like it is time zone related. Does Chromecast have a time zone setting?

crypto

We're actually using a function on the Chromecast itself to get the current time. It sounds like it is time zone related. Does Chromecast have a time zone setting?

Sorry for the delay.  Yes, using the Google Home app I am able to set the time and time format of Chromecast.  It is set to Mountain Daylight Time, and 12 hour format.

FYI: I changed the time on Chromecast to a different time zone and it did change the clock on chromecast but not emby.  I disconnected emby and reconnected with no change.

Edited by crypto

crypto

The time has corrected itself.  Not sure what caused it, maybe my kid connecting with a different device after flip flopping the time zone, maybe it just needed some more... time, idk. fixed.

JoshuaAJones

I have been having this problem for months.

I too have adjusted the Chromecast time and saw it change on the screen but have no effect on Emby time.

I've adjusted the time on my phone (which I am using to connect to the Chromecast) but Emby continues to display the time 1 hour off.

EX: It is now 1:04AM and Emby shows 12:04AM

I believe that Emby is failing to take into effect Daylight Savings.

We don't actually do anything with daylight savings. We just use a system function get the current time. I will have to scour the Chromium issue tracker to see if there is an open ticket about this.

crypto

We don't actually do anything with daylight savings. We just use a system function get the current time. I will have to scour the Chromium issue tracker to see if there is an open ticket about this.

I spoke too soon earlier, the time changed back to being off an hour.  If I flipflop the TZ then reboot chromecast and reconnect emby it is fine but eventually(~next day) it gets changed back for some reason.  I don't know if there would be a ticket about this because chromecast always shows the correct time.  

Can we just use the casting device time?  or have an option to turn off the clock?  Server time if local cast?

I notice it is not mentioned but I'm using CC Ultra, server on Xubuntu 16

• 2 weeks later...
JarvisTek

I know it's the wrong forum, but same thing with Windows server as well. It's been like this for months and I finally am fed up enough to look into it.

I know it's the wrong forum, but same thing with Windows server as well. It's been like this for months and I finally am fed up enough to look into it.

Windows server? Do we even display the time anywhere in the server?

arche

+1 for this being off by one hour for me also. Timezone is correct in Chromecast settings. Nothing urgent, just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
Nanganator

+1.

Server is Ubuntu 16.04.2. Emby server 3.2.26.0. When using Chromecast, emby app shows non daylight savings time (1 hour behind). Tried changing Ubuntu timezone, time stayed the same in emby chromecast app (wrong) but did change to 24hr format (UK uses 12 hr as standard). Chromecast homescreen shows correct daylight savings time.

• 4 weeks later...