Reverse proxy access

dalto
Go to solution Solved by pir8radio,

Dont know if anyone can help me with that. First of all, I got a docker installation of emby server.

I manualy set my remote access address to :

something.duckdns.org/emby

(the subdirectory is set by a nginx reverse proxy also in a separate docker)

The problem is that when i open the emby dashboard, the remote access reported is https://something.duckdns.org/emby:443

I cant figure out how to not place the :443 in the remote access address. I cant leave the port number blank.

Thanks,

dalto

• Solution
pir8radio

ignore the dashboard...  The address in the dashboard is a pieced together representation of your server address...  The coding for that display is based on some assumptions that are true for most emby users.

You will however find some of the apps do not play well with a subdirectory.    You might want to look at a real domain name, you can still use dynamic services with a purchased domain name.  Some dynamic DNS services also let you put  emby.something.duckdns.org    you can setup nginx to look for that if your dynamic service supports it.  Its always better/easier to avoid the subdirectory when using a complex backend application, like emby. That's not to say it can not be done, but you don't have control of the client apps so it makes it difficult to work though things, its best to try to give the app what it expects.

If your nginx and emby are setup correctly https://something.duckdns.org/emby    should work in a browser, probably wont in some of the apps.

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1