RTI Integration

smokey7722

smokey7722

Has anyone at any point looked at creating a client for an RTI Processors/Remotes?  With the upcoming Chromecast integration, creating a client that would work on an RTI Control (even if it is limited to the full size CX7, KX7, RK10 or the RTiPanel or Virtual Panel).  I'm a dealer for them and am planning to sign up for their SDK to become a driver developer.  For them the driver is basically just a communications plugin of sorts to translate data from a previously unsupported device to the Processor and ultimately whatever client (remote or tablet) is used.

I think this could work really well.  Even without the Chromecast option - since we can "cast" to other MB3 clients, we could use the controls to do this as well.

I don't believe anybody has. If you can recruit a developer resource, we'll be glad to offer any assistance that is required.

smokey7722

I don't believe anybody has. If you can recruit a developer resource, we'll be glad to offer any assistance that is required.

Developer resource from MB or just developer in general?  My plan for RTI was to get access as a developer and get back into coding myself.  I've done C++ and Java in the past but have been doing mainly scripting in Powershell and Perl in recent years.  Another very good friend also has been using MB and may be interested (he is a professional developer) as well.

I haven't posted this to others on the RTI Dealer forums yet but can do that as well to see if I can get someone with experience coding for RTI.

Edited by smokey7722

Yea I meant anybody. Since that is going to be you and your friend, it looks like you're all set. So I can help in terms of integration and talking to the api.

smokey7722

Yea I meant anybody. Since that is going to be you and your friend, it looks like you're all set. So I can help in terms of integration and talking to the api.

Sounds good.  I also just posted up on the RTI Dealer forums to see if anyone who has real experience with that side of it would be interested.  I'm not sure if we'd even need to create a plugin as the web interface has most of the functions I would be looking to implement - and I am not sure if that is available via an API.

I applied for their SDK access.  They claim it can take 2-3 weeks so I will let you know once I get it and get familiar with it.

Edited by smokey7722

• 1 month later...
smokey7722

Just to keep you up to date, I received our approval for the SDK earlier in the week from RTI.  Once I finish the paperwork I will start reviewing it and begin planning the MB integration.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
CodeFusionLLC

So Hey Cowboys - any outcome here?

I don't see any driver in the forum - I'm a SDK developer and have done a Google Calendar driver for RTI system -

I'm interested in this challenge but wanted to know where you guys left off.

Any updates here yo?

smokey7722

So Hey Cowboys - any outcome here?

I don't see any driver in the forum - I'm a SDK developer and have done a Google Calendar driver for RTI system -

I'm interested in this challenge but wanted to know where you guys left off.

Any updates here yo?

Things got pretty crazy for me with a new job, house, and a ton of other stuff.  I actually have some preliminary work done.  I'm away traveling for the next 2 weeks but I can dig up what I have once I get back.