Linux and rbw file format

BigSteve84

BigSteve84

First off forgive me for posting this again!!!but I'm desperate for a resolution to this. OK so I'm trying to install the emby media server client to my Seagate Personal cloud but with no joy. I got told in this other thread https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37163-seagate-personal-cloud/ that "In manual installation mode, apps can use: Buildroot 1.2, Debian Wheezy LAMP 1.2, Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 1.0, Unicorn API library 5.0.1 dependencies". But the problem is 1)I no nothing about anything Linux based and 2)I've discovered by installing a Plex media server update that to Manuel install something I think it needs to be rbw file format, could anyone help me out to get emby server finally onto the Seagate my personal cloud?

Thanks for your time

mastrmind11

First off forgive me for posting this again!!!but I'm desperate for a resolution to this. OK so I'm trying to install the emby media server client to my Seagate Personal cloud but with no joy. I got told in this other thread https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37163-seagate-personal-cloud/ that "In manual installation mode, apps can use: Buildroot 1.2, Debian Wheezy LAMP 1.2, Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 1.0, Unicorn API library 5.0.1 dependencies". But the problem is 1)I no nothing about anything Linux based and 2)I've discovered by installing a Plex media server update that to Manuel install something I think it needs to be rbw file format, could anyone help me out to get emby server finally onto the Seagate my personal cloud?

Thanks for your time

Here's a tutorial about how to build and install 3rd party apps. https://www.seagate.com/nasos/SDK/0.7/third-party/index.html

I don't have the device (or time), but seems pretty straight forward.

Alternatively, have you tried following the Debian install instructions for Emby Server?   

Edited by mastrmind11

BigSteve84

Here's a tutorial about how to build and install 3rd party apps. https://www.seagate.com/nasos/SDK/0.7/third-party/index.html

I don't have the device (or time), but seems pretty straight forward.

Alternatively, have you tried following the Debian install instructions for Emby Server?

Thanks for the reply, I've spoken to Seagate themselves who have given me the instructions to install a 3rd party app but won't offer assistance to install non Seagate apps. I haven't got a clue in how to even begin with the Debian install and also Seagate said to me that any app that gets installed on the cloud has to be a rbw file, which again puzzles me as I have no idea how I would get emby server in rbw format?

mastrmind11

Thanks for the reply, I've spoken to Seagate themselves who have given me the instructions to install a 3rd party app but won't offer assistance to install non Seagate apps. I haven't got a clue in how to even begin with the Debian install and also Seagate said to me that any app that gets installed on the cloud has to be a rbw file, which again puzzles me as I have no idea how I would get emby server in rbw format?

Follow the link I sent you.  That's how.  It's an example of how to build an rbw file... in this case, substitute Emby Server for Transmission, making the appropriate changes in the scripts where appropriate.  Might be a little too advanced for you, but that's how you'd do it.  

Edited by mastrmind11

BigSteve84

Follow the link I sent you. That's how. It's an example of how to build an rbw file... in this case, substitute Emby Server for Transmission, making the appropriate changes in the scripts where appropriate. Might be a little too advanced for you, but that's how you'd do it.

OK buddy, thank you so much for your info I will look into it and see if by luck I can do it, hopefully the devs or some highly skilled person manages to make emby server available on my personal cloud. They have Plex on there so it would be fantastic if they gave people who use the cloud a choice as at the moment as a media server I can only use Plex as I don't want to have my PC on downstairs to watch something upstairs, where as the Plex app on the cloud provides an always on media server which allows you to watch your shows anywhere without having the computer on 24/7.

mastrmind11

OK buddy, thank you so much for your info I will look into it and see if by luck I can do it, hopefully the devs or some highly skilled person manages to make emby server available on my personal cloud. They have Plex on there so it would be fantastic if they gave people who use the cloud a choice as at the moment as a media server I can only use Plex as I don't want to have my PC on downstairs to watch something upstairs, where as the Plex app on the cloud provides an always on media server which allows you to watch your shows anywhere without having the computer on 24/7.

Maybe buy @@hurricanehrndz a beer or 2 to help w/ the scripting part.  He seems to be the resident build guru around here.  Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I've been away for a little bit so I'm out of touch but has there been any movement on this at all? atm I only have the option of plex on my cloud.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk