Emby Beta Crashes Roku 3

390x99xdsa
Go to solution Solved by 390x99xdsa,

390x99xdsa

Launch Emby (Beta) and browse around a bit, go into people, follow their other movies to that movies select another actor follow to a 3rd, 4th or 5th video, then play a video it consistently crashes the Roku (it reboots).

Even if I back-out through all that browsing back to the home screen, and select a video to watch, it consistently crashes the Roku.

Roku3. Up-to-date Roku firmware.  Emby beta versions all recent ones for the past few months.

Acts like a memory leak.

Will send a Roku log if you tell me that the log information survives a reboot -- I would have sent it already if I thought that was likely.

Are you saying that doesn't happen if you don't do that much browsing?

If the Roku is rebooting, you are correct that sending a log from the app isn't going to survive that but, also, I'm not sure we'd have anything in our log anyway.  That kind of behavior usually means a problem deep within the Roku video player or firmware.

Specific information about the video being played and how it is played as well as if this occurs even after directly entering the app would be helpful.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
390x99xdsa

Actually, this was a Roku firmware bug. I after my Roku updated to 7.7 it cleared up.   Verified by trying both the beta and the release channel since that's like .24. 

• Like 1