Switch back to old Roku App

bakelmania

bakelmania

I've been away working for 5 weeks and came back to find my Roku is now using the new client app. To say I'm disappointed would be a massive understatement! Is there any way to force my Roku to use the old client? So many problems with the new one I don't even want to consider investigating fixes or wait for development to catch up.

Can you please list at least a few of your so many problems?

Also, you may want to try the beta version as it has some improvements and should be getting submitted to the store very soon (but that will take a while).

SmplyUnprdctble

*shrug* I like the new client [wait, I've been using the beta, not the release -- so I know I'm using some of the tweaks they've implemented].  It's not 100% polished like something built on You.I [Those are some cool interfaces, but I don't know if Emby's client-server model is supported by it, much less how much it would cost to get it], but I think it has a significantly nicer look than the old app [even with the few quirks that the team has been very responsive in trying to resolve].

In my opinion, you have two options:

1) Let the team know what you're not a fan of with the new app to see if there's a way to fix it (nobody is going to please everyone with every request)

2) Install the "Blue Neon" app for Emby on your Roku and use that until it's no longer supported [something about Roku changing the apis?]

Change isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)