Surface Pro 128GB on sale for $449

Deihmos

7illusions

Nah.. 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 Processor, 1gb ram and 16gb drive VS. Intel Core i5 Processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000,  4gb ram 128gb drive..

Kind of like comparing an old Volvo to a Ferrari.

Deihmos

Can't compare that to a surface pro. I can play Dawn of War 2 and Battlefield on the Surface Pro and run all the desktop apps including Windows Media Center very smoothly. The stylus is also very nice.

Edited by Deihmos
  • Like 1

Yea but the operating system on the galaxy tab doesn't need all of that to run smoothly, unlike the surface. so the hardware comparison is apples to oranges, except for the 128gb storage space.

Starkadius

Can't compare that to a surface pro. I can play Dawn of War 2 and Battlefield on the Surface Pro and run all the desktop apps including Windows Media Center very smoothly. The stylus is also very nice.

You forgot the most important reason why you cant compare the Samsung to the Surface Pro. You can't run Media Browser Theater on android. MBT (and Media Browser Classic) allow for the best possible experience that videophiles and audiophiles alike are looking for. Even though they weren't designed for touch, the stylus acts just like a mouse cursor and works well enough to use them. Media Browser Theater has the potential of reaching a bigger audience if it was touch friendly though considering the lower cost Windows 8 tablets coming out this year since Microsoft has surprisingly dropped the Windows 8.1 (FULL WINDOWS not RT) OEM fee of $50 to $15 for tablets that cost less than $250. This will increase market share which is good for Media Browser Theater and Classic. Rumors are even circulating that a Surface Pro Mini 8.5 inches will launch sometime this year. That is going to be my next tablet and I will be running Media Browser Theater and Classic on it, dock it on my TV and watch movies at full quality.

Edited by Starkadius