Force transcoding of .ts files

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi @@ebr

Can we please either have a switch to force transcoding of .ts files or just do it.

Whilst seeking in a .ts Direct/V does work to a degree on a long recording its just not accurate and drives you "up thw wall" when trying to skip adverts etc.

I have had enough of always going in to "Playback error" to force a transcode and recover proper seeking!  Either add a setting in the overall options to force transcoding of .ts or otherwise just force transcoding of all .ts files regardless.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 2

The main issue is that you are the only one I've seen report this as a problem.  So, I'm wondering if it is maybe something specific about your recordings that can maybe be addressed another way.

maegibbons

I am pretty sure it has been reported by others.  We will wait and see if they chime in!!

Krs

Mark

• 6 years later...
LittleWizard

I have same problem, I think  can't seek accuratly in TS files, can't seek at all if a TS file is still in recordin, can't seek at all if I pause and than play (timeshift) liveTV.

this happen on both Nvidia shield with Emby Android app (I don't use the androidtv one), on my mobile phone with android app and on Samsung tv with Tizen Emby app.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, LittleWizard said:

I have same problem, I think  can't seek accuratly in TS files, can't seek at all if a TS file is still in recordin, can't seek at all if I pause and than play (timeshift) liveTV.

this happen on both Nvidia shield with Emby Android app (I don't use the androidtv one), on my mobile phone with android app and on Samsung tv with Tizen Emby app.

Items 32. and 66. in the below list. 

MBSki
On 7/10/2017 at 9:38 AM, ebr said:

The main issue is that you are the only one I've seen report this as a problem.  So, I'm wondering if it is maybe something specific about your recordings that can maybe be addressed another way.

This is the same problem that we've been reporting for years. It works fine in the Android TV app, but not in the standard app. I've repeatedly asked Luke to add the same option to disable direct play for ts files, but he refuses to do it.

LittleWizard

Thanks!

My emby apps do direct play by default of ts files. I'll try activating transcodig. Is there a way to tell emby to always transcode TS files, but not transcode other file formats (if not needed by compatibility or bandwith)?

justinrh
On 11/29/2023 at 3:48 AM, MBSki said:

It works fine in the Android TV app, but not in the standard app.

No, no, no.  You must be mistaken.  The standard app is superior in every way and always works to fix your problem.  Just ask Luke.

• Haha 1