Live TV streaming at 1080p

Ksample8686
Go to solution Solved by Ksample8686,

Ksample8686

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get live tv to stream at 1080p or if its even possible. I don't know if there is something i'm missing within emby or if its a streaming setting related to the hdhomerun prime I am using. Everything i am currently using is all hard wired and still all I can get is a max of 720p. Does anyone have any info on this? I have searched all over this forum for anything remotely close but i am coming up empty.

Edited by Ksample8686

Jdiesel

What is your TV provider? In my region 720p/1080i is still the standard for broadcast TV.

Ksample8686

I use Comcast and that might be the problem. When using the cable companies supplied tv box it looks so much better though compared to what the hdhomerun streams and that also might be the problem. The cable company box might just be upconverting to match my tv, but then again I have no idea. I don't have any problem with playback by any means just was wondering why it doesn't stream at 1080p or as clear as my old cable box. Thanks again for helping

Guest asrequested

I use Comcast and that might be the problem. When using the cable companies supplied tv box it looks so much better though compared to what the hdhomerun streams and that also might be the problem. The cable company box might just be upconverting to match my tv, but then again I have no idea. I don't have any problem with playback by any means just was wondering why it doesn't stream at 1080p or as clear as my old cable box. Thanks again for helping

I have 2 primes and using comcast. In your OP you said you couldn't get more than 720p, you should be able to get 1080i. I do.

59626fae8b7aa_Snapshot_58.jpg

What player are you using?

Edited by Doofus

Ksample8686

Ok. Well then I guess I can't figure why I can't get emby to stream at 1080i. I only get the option to stream at 720p. Just don't know what it could be as I have everything hardwired so I don't think it's not a bandwidth problem.

Edited by Ksample8686

Guest asrequested

Ok. Well then I guess I can't figure why I can't get emby to stream at 1080i. I only get the option to stream at 720p. Just don't know what it could be as I have everything hardwired so I don't think it's not a bandwidth problem.

What player are you using, and did you check your max bitrate setting?

Ksample8686

Just using the emby embedded player. Should I be using vlc or a different ffmpeg codec? Also i only see a option for bitrate for out of network devices and not devices on the same network

Ksample8686

Tried using emby theater as you suggested. Original video bitrate is only 8Mbps and codec is h.264

Guest asrequested

Tried using emby theater as you suggested. Original video bitrate is only 8Mbps and codec is h.264

Try other channels. Some will be mpeg2 and others will be h264. Try NBC HD, it's 1080, for me. And how have you configured the settings?

• Like 1

• Solution
Ksample8686

Looks like you were correct. After some playing around with some of the settings within emby theater and trying some different channels I finally got it to display 1080. Looks like you were right about how different channels are packaged in different containers. Thanks again for all the help and patience

• Like 1