Remove partly watched videos from the "continue watching" section

korosanbo
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

korosanbo

Hello,

I'm new to Emby, just started using it yesterday after trying to deal with Plex for half an year

I'm really happy with Emby and I think it's a vast improvement over Plex, however, there is one feature that Plex has and Emby is currently missing

Whenever I start watching something and stop, for example, just to see how it plays, the video I started watching is added to the "continue watching" section

I tried looking around but I haven't found an option to remove a video from that section

Is it possible to add that feature please?

Thank you

• Solution
CBers

If you mark the item watched it will be removed from that section.

You can mark it unwatched if you want to reset it.

The mark watched/unwatched is a toggle switch so leave it in the state you want.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
dietrichmd

Hmm.  A little late to this party, but that isn't working for me.  Latest server on Ubuntu.

I will mark a video watched that is in 'continue playing' and it just sits there, mocking me.

Yes, I have tried the 'mark read'.  The ONLY things that work are letting the video play through 100% -- credits and all, or to delete the file altogether, which I'm loathe to do with many of them.

Ideas?

Edited by dietrichmd

Hmm.  A little late to this party, but that isn't working for me.  Latest server on Ubuntu.

I will mark a video watched that is in 'continue playing' and it just sits there, mocking me.

Yes, I have tried the 'mark read'.  The ONLY things that work are letting the video play through 100% -- credits and all, or to delete the file altogether, which I'm loathe to do with many of them.

Ideas?

I believe the procedure is that you actually have to mark it watched and then mark it unwatched and that is where the resume point will be removed.

So is that considered a bug -- having to mark watched, then unwatched, then watched again?  Sounds rather counter-intuitive

You actually only have to mark it unwatched to clear the resume point.

I wouldn't consider this a bug as we have made the design decision to not blow away your resume point when you manually mark something as watched.  So, the system is working as designed.

dietrichmd

So just marking it watched does nothing.  The other way (mark as watched, unwatched, watched) seems to work.

On that same note, either way, shouldn't the video disappear from 'next up' immediately, or is a forced refresh necessary as I have to do (similar to plex -- mark as watched and it goes away w/o needing to reload page)?

Thanks

Again i tested just marking watched and that worked just fine, but i think the real issue is the list not refreshing immediately, so that's something we'll look at. Thanks.