Remove 1 Movie Download Removed Entire Sync Job and its children

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

on beta.

had a sync job with 20 movies.

i watched a movie, so i removed it from downloads from the movie interface not the manage sync jobs interface.

by mistake the file was locked ie being played in an external app.

end result.

the sync job has gone and 19 movies are no longer downloaded. the actual movie i remove from downloads is still there presumeably due to lock.

i havent tested thoroughly or reproduced...ive got 12 hours to put movies back before i leave flight.but i thoughg id mention in b4 i forgot...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

How did you create the sync job? on a parent folder? I would expect in this situation that the other 19 should stay, so I will look at that.

However, if the file is locked the delete will fail, and we're not going to keep a record of that and retry that later. So in that situation, that means the file will stay on your device but just wont' show up in the app.

ginjaninja

sync job was created by multiselect movies within a movie library...then choosing action download.

Right ok, thanks. I will check into this to make sure the other movies don't get deleted. The file locking non-delete situation there's not much we can really do about though, other than making sure the sync process logs it and continues on appropiately.

I will check into this to make sure the other movies don't get deleted. 

This will be a server side fix, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
swhitmore

Thanks Luke, it's hard to tell what the issue was. I'm not travelling again for a few weeks so I haven't used sync lately. I'll try again if you would like me to test though.