Random Idea I had.....

nagetech

Guest asrequested

The center channel in a surround system is the only one you'd need to worry about. It's the only one capable of coming close to realistic voice. But consider this, even if you had the best system possible, the acoustics in your environment are highly unlikely to match the acoustics of where the actor is in the movie. They may be outdoors etc. It would be fairly easy to analyze the spectrums and separate them. And let's be honest, there are few people that may have an audio system that would match our own voices, perfectly. And as Alexa can measure distance, the distance between her and the speaker would be static. Add that to the equation, along with direction and that would only improve the accuracy.

jasonmcroy

All I know is they need to do something about it, because as is, it's very annoying to use Alexa unless she's in a permanently quiet room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I had to stop using my Echo Dot in the living room where we watch TV because at least twice per hour she will randomly think she is being spoken to, sometimes even when nothing even remotely sounding like Alexa was said. I've tried changing the start word to Echo which is just as bad.

I ended up relegating the Echo to the upstairs office and bought a Google Home for the living room. No issues with Hey Google! Unfortunately, until Google releases Google Assistant for the Shield TV it's not as useful for managing my Home Theater setup except a few commands I can use with my Harmony Hub.