Emby Android API

kingargyle

kingargyle

I'm trying to compile the latest head code using gradle from the command line.   Currently it won't compile.

I tried also to compile the version from June 25 as that would seem to be the version that was working before the change and that version also does not compile.

I'm in the process of migrating my app to use Emby as the main media server, but at this point can't get a version to compile.

Regardless of this, I can grab the binaries, but have a couple of questions with this.

1. Is Groovy all really needed as a dependency?  I'm not finding where it is used?

2. Can I use Jackson instead of GSon as the deserializer?

3. Has there been thought of migrating to Retrofit 2 instead of Volley?

I'll grab the existing binaries for now, but would like to be able to get the existing code to work.   One suggestion going forward would be to have a branch for the in progress changes so that master can stay clean and be built at any time.

hi @@kingargyle, yes good catch. groovy is not needed and I've gone ahead and removed that. What compilation error are you seeing?

For both #2 and #3 yes those are both possible, although I haven't put much thought into switching. But it is all modular and you can supply your own IJsonSerializer and IHttpClient if you really want to.

kingargyle

hi @@kingargyle, yes good catch. groovy is not needed and I've gone ahead and removed that. What compilation error are you seeing?

For both #2 and #3 yes those are both possible, although I haven't put much thought into switching. But it is all modular and you can supply your own IJsonSerializer and IHttpClient if you really want to.

The current Head code does not compile because it has Android dependencies and the Android plugin for gradle isn't specified.   Simple way to replicate.  Checkout the master branch, go to the command line and type:  ./gradlew clean build

I get about 100 compilation errors.

Also, the Samples links listed in the ReadMe for the Authenticator.xml and SyncAdapter.xml don't appear to work. They just return a 404 error. 

I've opened a couple issues on the project for these as well.

Edited by kingargyle

Ok, thanks, we'll look at these soon. In the meantime, as you say, the binary is there.

kingargyle

Yep, working through some MVP refactoring of my app right now.  Once that is complete I'll get back to integrating the current binaries.