Multipart Movies in Amazon Fire App - Not Working as Expected

murky024

murky024

So I have a multipart movie for my kids loaded and it shows in the web app with the first and second part together. When I open that same movie up in the Amazon Fire app, it doesn't show the 2nd part at all. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Hi.  The app doesn't show the second part to you but it will play the two of them back to back.

I would suggest using a tool to combine the files if possible.

murky024

Hi.  The app doesn't show the second part to you but it will play the two of them back to back.

I would suggest using a tool to combine the files if possible.

I figured that was how it worked, but it isn't showing the time on the movie nor it is allowing me to play the additional parts.Could it be a naming issue as to why it is showing up on the web one way and not playing correctly in the Amazon app?

I tried to use MKVToolNix to create a new MKV file with the combines files but I failed to create a playable document. I have to do more research on that as I must be doing something wrong.

I am new to Emby and MKV files. I just took the plunge and used an old falling apart I5 laptop to run my server. Thanks for the help.

CBers

The simplest way to join files together is via the "copy /b" command.

Such as:

copy /b part1.ext + part2.ext output.ext

There are more complex way of doing it, using ffmpeg etc, but I've just joined a load of MP4 videos taken at a wedding into one MP4 file.

Edit: Updated the copy command.

Edited by CBers