Media Browser Classic starting too fast ?!

vletroye

vletroye

Hello,

As I possibly already mentioned I have replaced the Windows Shell of my Windows 8.1 with "Media Center" using adhoc parameters to enter automatically into MB3: %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /mediamode /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}  

This was working very well on my old HTPC with slow HDD. But since I have a new PC with SSD, the PC and next MB3 seem to start too fast. I.e.: IMO, the MB3 Service is not yet running and I get the error "PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING: The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to windows Media Center

Once back to Media Center, I can re-enter into MB3 without any issue... Also, if I log in within a session using the standard Windows Shell and run Media Center with the command posted above, it works fine... (MCE start and auto-enter MB3)

Could some expert confirm my "guest" and possibly suggest some workaround ?

If my "guest" is confirmed, would it be possible to implement some kind of "retry" in MB3 classic to wait a bit longer on the MB3 Service ?

Thx a lot in adv. for any suggestion! I will greatly improve the user experience for my kids...

V.

[EDIT] I found this in MB3's logs... EC-A8-6B-FF-D6-05 is the mac address of the PC running MB Classic and where MB Service is running (well, possibly not yet as I assume it takes more time to start that ehshell...

2014-02-20 10:29:26.0663,Debug,,Attempting to wake server at address EC-A8-6B-FF-D6-05,1,Application
2014-02-20 10:29:26.0883,Error,,Error attempting to wake last server ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException Msg=A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 255.255.255.255:7 Src=System Method=DoConnect Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot,, SocketAddress socketAddress) [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP) [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint endPoint) [n]    at MediaBrowser.LibraryManagement.Helper.WakeMachine(String mac) ),1,Application
2014-02-20 10:29:26.1193,Info,,Using String Data from C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\strings-en.xml,1,Application
2014-02-20 10:29:26.1393,Info,,Total Kernel Init took 0,,08 seconds.,1,Application
Edited by vletroye

vletroye

I have found some options in the advanced pane of MB Classic to disable the "attempt to wake" (useless since MB3 Classic runs on the same machine as MB3 Service).

And... it works !! :P

Damned, it worked only once, because Windows finalized an update, making the boot slower I presumed... I did reboot once more and I still have the same issue.

V.

Edited by vletroye