MBC Weather

Latchmor
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

Latchmor

Hi @@ebr, a quickie... What could stop the weather showing on my EHS? I have my location in the server and have it enabled in MBC but only just recently noticed it wasn't showing and it never has!

I see this in the MBC Log

2014-02-20 08:37:12.2310,Error,,Yahoo weather refresh failed ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=ParseYahooWeatherDoc Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.YahooWeather.ParseYahooWeatherDoc(XmlDocument xDoc) [n]    at MediaBrowser.YahooWeather.GetWeatherInfo() ),1,Application

Cheers

What theme?

How, exactly, did you enter your location?  I use a US zip code and it is working for me in Chocolate.

• Like 1

Latchmor

Always Chocolate  ;)

I entered '[my town], Scotland, United Kingdom' as that's what appears on Yahoo Weather. Should a UK Postcode work?

Try finding the actual weather ID from yahoo.  Although, I'm not sure why it would have worked before and not now.

Looking at the code, that function is written pretty poorly and can crap out on any piece of bad data.  I guess I need to go clean that up...

Latchmor

Try finding the actual weather ID from yahoo.  Although, I'm not sure why it would have worked before and not now.

Looking at the code, that function is written pretty poorly and can crap out on any piece of bad data.  I guess I need to go clean that up...

Thanks yeah it worked. As soon as I seen CBers link/post I remembered the ID option. I guess the Server fooled me by saying 'US zip code / City, State, Country / City, Country'

Cheers