CoverArt

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Teddy

Ebr, first and foremost thank you for your great work, making Emby better every day.
In my case I use Emby for WMC and the truth is that I am very happy with that combination, but every time there is a Coverart update the folders have to be recreated in the MediaBrowser-Classic directory. When we talk about 6000 movies that becomes very heavy because we have to go one by one through the directories of Emby WMC recreating them.
I think Emby for WMC is still Emby's "ugly duckling" because the rest of the app makes use of the Server for folders, backdrops ... but EWMC has yet to have its own directory for those things.
Would it be possible to please a new version of EWMC that will behave like all other apps?
Thanks in advance

Would it be possible to please a new version of EWMC that will behave like all other apps?

We would have to break all existing themes, unless those developers are around and willing to update to a new round of changes.

In general we have found that Emby for WMC users just want things to stay unchanged as much as possible from years ago, and that is what has created this situation where the app is somewhat isolated and is not utilizing all of the server's features.

Can you explain further about the changes you have to make on a CoverArt update?  Do you mean the plug-in or actual changes in images?

I'm not sure I understand the issue and why it is happening.  Thanks.

Teddy

ebr, I've almost cooled almost every cover, but there are some that do not.

The best thing is that you see the screenmovie where you still see movies with no cover and that cool when you browse the directory.
This happens with each new coverart update, I have also verified that the disk frees several GB of space that are then recovered again as the folder images refresh.

https://mega.nz/#!xQEGBIrJ!1D-IxXXkcbPhWvu5YMfjjEIZGmMC8bSkL5bBm52hP8M

Edited by Teddy

• Solution

Are you just talking about the fact that it is re-caching some of the images?  I think that is normal operation.  The last couple of CoverArt updates may have caused that to happen because some large internal changes were happening with it but, normally, an update to the plug-in should not cause the images to have to be re-cached.

• Like 1

Teddy

Yes, you're right, it's a whole re-caching issue for all folder images, which has happened to me several times in the past.

Well, taking advantage of this issue I asked for a new app version that took advantage of Emby3 but as Luke has already replied it seems to be technically complex.
Anyway, thanks for your support to both.

Emby for WMC does take advantage of Emby features, quite a few of them in fact. It's just not moving quite as quickly as some of the other apps.

Teddy

You are right Luke but the speed is OK for me.

Also another problem is the amount of space that occupies on the disk duplicating the covers and backdrop images in their own directory.
But anyway I feel very comfortable using EWMC.

Edited by Teddy

We have to do this again, just so you're aware. This is not normal and is only needed in occasional, exceptional situations. We've been reworking the plugin internally so that is why it has been needed recently. Thanks.