Collection folder in Movies?

drfiggins
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

drfiggins

If I remember at one time once you entered the movie library you could select a Collections folder to view all your collections.  Currently I can not seem to find the Collection folder any more in the Roku app or anyway to enable it to show again in Movies.

I know you can enable a Collections folder on the main screen, Library -> Display, which I have disabled since it does not show all of my movie collections, in fact it only showed that I had 36 instead of the 257 collections that I have, and I could access my collections from a folder once I entered my movie library.  Also I don't have Group movies into collections marked since I don't like the visual of the collections when I browse my movies.

In the web GUI I can select Collections after entering the movie library and browse all 257 but not on the Roku any more using the app.  Has the collection folder under Movies been removed from the Roku app so the other collections folder under My Media will be used or am I missing it some how.

It just isn't in the new version yet.

How are your collections created?  Are they the old file-system based ones?  Because I don't see why they wouldn't show in the main Collections view.

• Solution

The next release will have a "Collections" row in the movie library view.  Keep in mind, collections are global so you will see all of them in every movie library you have.

drfiggins

I believe they are the old file-system style.  I also use Auto Box Sets set to 2 movies or more which may be why I see the 36.  Double checked and the collections I see are from Auto Box Set in the Collections folder on the main screen, Library -> Display.

At least I know that I'm not crazy with the Collection Folder in Movies gone atm and coming back soon.  I can stop going threw all the settings over and over trying to find the check box I accidentally marked or unmarked.

Thanks for the info ebr.

Also my collections are done as follows:

Movies ->

The Smurfs Collection ( Folder) ->

Smurfs 1 (Folder with files)

Smurfs 2 (Folder with files)

Edited by drfiggins

That style of collection probably will not show up in the new Collections row either I'm afraid but you can test it when it is out.