Active Recordings

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Using MediaPortal as the back end. Live tv plays in trans/ i and i can pause and fast forward back to the live point, everything is working fine.

However starting an active recording starts playback in direct/v mode. i can see from the timeline that the app does not know where the live tv point is. i have no transit controls, i cannot pause or skip forwards to the live tv point.

direct play live tv and use vlc for live tv are both unchecked in the Android tv app settings. log's pm'd

There is a menu option on the OSD to switch to seek mode.  Does that work?

It looks like the app just thinks it is a video file as opposed to an active recording.  Since Emby isn't managing the recording itself, this may be a limitation of an external service...

pünktchen

It looks like the app just thinks it is a video file as opposed to an active recording. Since Emby isn't managing the recording itself, this may be a limitation of an external service...

No, active recordings are served as http stream.

No, active recordings are served as http stream.

So, does that mean that Emby knows it is an active recording?  It appears we do not.

It sounds like we might be possibly direct playing to the media portal server rather than running it through emby server so that we can segment it with HLS.

It sounds like we might be possibly direct playing to the media portal server rather than running it through emby server so that we can segment it with HLS.

The key here would be if the item is classified as a "Recording" and its status is "InProgress".

pünktchen

The key here would be if the item is classified as a "Recording" and its status is "InProgress".

It is both.

pünktchen

i cannot, the end time increases continuously

You cannot seek forward right after playback start, but you should be able to pause the stream, seek backwards and catch up the live playback point. That's what i see here in the web app.

Spaceboy

You cannot seek forward right after playback start, but you should be able to pause the stream, seek backwards and catch up the live playback point. That's what i see here in the web app.

agreed, but the end time doesnt increase while its paused, only after you restart. and you can't ever catch up to the live tv point, only the point where playback would have reached had you not paused

pünktchen

... you can't ever catch up to the live tv point, only the point where playback would have reached had you not paused

Yes, that's what i was trying to say :rolleyes: