Program change causes info window to flash

oldschool

oldschool

While watching a channel, when the next program starts, the info panel will flash about 10 times on the bottom of the screen, and then show the next program that is starting in that channel. Using Shield TV and HDHomeRun.

Edited by oldschool

maegibbons

Happens on Fire TV aswell .  Went loony last night after Quantum Of Solace.

Not sure if it is when I have paused it so that I am a few minutes behind the live position.

Krs

Mark

Which player are you guys using for Live TV?

I've seen reports of this a few times but never been able to make it happen myself.

maegibbons

Mine would have been Trans/I so exo - please see my last post about pausing and restarting being behind live by a few minutes.

Krs

Mark

PremiumRed

This happens on Sony TV and on Amazon Fire TV.. when I am directly playing and I change to transcoding from the information bar to change bitrate, it flashes constantly and I have to press the back button about 15 times in order to go back to the EPG and restart the stream...

Okay.  It is tough for me to test this since it doesn't happen for me and I cannot figure out what the right set of conditions are for it to happen but I have put something in to try and keep it from happening so you guys can tell me if the next beta is better.

PremiumRed

Hi @erb

Set the live stream to direct stream, and then go to settings whilest it's playing and change it to 5mbps so it transcodes and see if it happens... it seems to happen when I do that

bdreams

It happens when the program is ending and next program going to start after that works fine. Anyone using next pvr to see if happens also. I have mine set to auto

• 2 weeks later...
PremiumRed

Still happens with new beta.

I will explain how it happens with me.

I set max bitrate to 5mb on app so it transcodes. I open a stream thats hd 1080 (avg 10mbps)... so its transcoding a 10mbps stream to 5mbps and then when I press info bar then change from 5mbps to 4mbps, the info bar flashes non stop.

Hope that makes sense

Still happens with new beta.

I will explain how it happens with me.

I set max bitrate to 5mb on app so it transcodes. I open a stream thats hd 1080 (avg 10mbps)... so its transcoding a 10mbps stream to 5mbps and then when I press info bar then change from 5mbps to 4mbps, the info bar flashes non stop.

Hope that makes sense

I was able to reproduce this situation and (I think) fix it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that is the same situation the others are reporting.

PremiumRed

It's a start tho... at least you have finally been able to make this happen to you.

It also happened sometimes when a new programme was starting which other people also reported.

I've had a thought on what could possibly be going on here and why it wouldn't be seen in all cases.  So, the next beta of the app takes that into consideration and I'll be very interested if you guys stop seeing this with it.  Thanks.