sync schedule, what controls it?

lifespeed

lifespeed

Who decides when media I have selected to sync to my android mobile device actually downloads?  I selected a movie to sync around 11AM this morning, and at 6PM it started downloading.  That is quite a delay.  Is there a setting to control this?  Does the server or the client decide?  Does the user have any control?  I would expect it to start syncing immediately.  I am using the current server and Emby mobile, neither are beta.

Edit:  is the Android client smart enough to only download over wifi and not the cell tower, or is this even configurable?

Edited by lifespeed

is the Android client smart enough to only download over wifi and not the cell tower, or is this even configurable?

Have you explored the settings in the app?

lifespeed

Saw the sync over wifi only setting, thanks.  Glad to hear you're working on sync, the 6+ hour wait was unexpected. Even then it stopped for awhile and picked up again sometime later.

• 3 weeks later...

@@lifespeed

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

lifespeed

@@lifespeed

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

I don't know how to identify which version I have, couldn't find it anywhere.  Google play store does not coincide with the version number you mention.