TV Guide XML - Taking too long and not over 24 hours

lastrider

lastrider

Hi, 

I've purchased premium and I can now use the PVR functions.

However with TV Guides,

1. It will not download more than 24 hours

2. It takes an immensely long time to download/refresh the xml data. My last one took 13 hours, it speeds through to 15% and then finishes the rest at snails pace.

I'm using Emby on a Mac. 

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

lastrider

Thanks for the quick reply Luke.

So 1. The reason I'm not getting more than 24 hours is because the XMLTV file isn't populated for more than a day or so.

It's still really slow to download, so see attached log.

The other slight off tangent question. Are there any plans to record in addition to off the TV Guide i.e. just by date & time for a particular channel?

I think if I can't source a better XMLTV file, that might be my only other option and could be the deal breaker for me on emby.

server-63634365364 copy.txt

Edited by lastrider

blade005

@@lastrider

What program are you using to download XML data? I am using Zap2XML (see link below) and download 14 days of guide data that is updated nightly via batch file. I have about 50 channels and the nightly update, which updates the next 10 days, while the last 4 days are cached takes about 15 minutes. I then schedule the REFRESH GUIDE task nightly within Emby after the Zap2XML batch file runs and it takes between 10 - 15 minutes. NOTE: The first run to create the initial XMLTV Guide, which included program images, took just over an hour, but all subsequent nightly runs with 4 days cached and the other 10 updated takes about 15 minutes.

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Below is the batch file I use that updates the next 10 days of data, while the back 4 days are cached. I find this effective as the back 4 days are cached, but if any programming changes are made to upcoming programs in the next week I update them in the nightly batch file run.

ZAP2XML BATCH FILE

zap2xml -u <username> -p <password> -d 14 -N 10 -T -D -I -L -o <output xml filename> (default = "xmltv.xml")

-d <# of days> (default = 7)
-N <# of no-cache days> (from start) (default = 0)
-T = don't cache files containing programs with "TBA|To Be Announced"
-D = include extra program details = 1 extra http request per program!
-I = include program icons (image URLs) - 1 extra http request per program!
-L = output "<live />" tag (not part of xmltv.dtd)

-o <output xml filename> (default = "xmltv.xml")

• Like 1

maegibbons

How about subscribing to Schedules Direct. Its only about £26 per annum.

Krs

Mark

lastrider

So I thought I'd give scheduled direct trial a go. Even with json, which I thought'd be better, it refreshes so slowly.

Exactly the same after 15% it takes several hours.

Also if I want to reinstall on Mac OSX, what's the best way to remove all files?

I removed and installed Emby again, however all my personalisations remained. So probably didn't make any difference.

Thanks!

Edited by lastrider

I would look at your m3u. You have an extremely long list of channels and many of those channels seem to correlate to single programs/video streams rather than an actual tv station.

maegibbons

For reference I have 400 channels in m3u using 3 different SD lineups and a guide refresh takes 20 minutes.

Krs

Mark