yay sync is working again

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

some error after transfer of each file

06:01:25.635 [Thread-17] INFO App - Save file directory document uri: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/3032-6333%3Aemby/document/3032-6333%3Aemby%2FX99%2FVideos%2FKong__Skull_Island

06:01:25.718 [Thread-17] INFO App - Save file targetDocumentFile: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/3032-6333%3Aemby/document/3032-6333%3Aemby%2FX99%2FVideos%2FKong__Skull_Island%2FKong__Skull_Island__2017_.mkv

06:15:15.871 [Thread-17] ERROR App - Error getting synced itemjava.lang.NullPointerExceptionjava.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1089)java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:953)java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:946)java.text.DateFormat.format(DateFormat.java:337)com.google.gson.DefaultDateTypeAdapter.write(DefaultDateTypeAdapter.java:88)com.google.gson.DefaultDateTypeAdapter.write(DefaultDateTypeAdapter.java:40)com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.write(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:69)com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.write(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:125)com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.write(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:243)com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.write(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:69)com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.write(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:125)com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.write(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:243)com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:669)com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:648)com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:603)com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:583)mediabrowser.apiinteraction.android.GsonJsonSerializer.SerializeToString(GsonJsonSerializer.java:61)com.mb.android.sync.data.ItemRepository.addOrUpdateItem(ItemRepository.java:65)com.mb.android.sync.data.LocalAssetManager.addOrUpdate(LocalAssetManager.java:71)com.mb.android.sync.server.mediasync.MediaSync$3.onResponse(MediaSync.java:311)com.mb.android.sync.server.mediasync.MediaSync$3.onResponse(MediaSync.java:276)mediabrowser.apiinteraction.ApiClient.getResponseStreamInternal(ApiClient.java:213)mediabrowser.apiinteraction.android.AndroidApiClient.access$000(AndroidApiClient.java:24)mediabrowser.apiinteraction.android.AndroidApiClient$1.run(AndroidApiClient.java:68)java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:762)

06:15:15.876 [Thread-17] DEBUG App - Getting new item from sync John Wick: Chapter 2

06:15:15.887 [Thread-18] DEBUG App - Getting response stream from http://192.168.4.162:8096/emby/Sync/JobItems/ecbad7b31154476abbcc44715a8ffc58/File

06:15:15.948 [Thread-18] DEBUG App - Got item file response stream. Content length: -1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ginjaninja

spoke too soon..the kong file is downloaded and playable from mxplayer..the emby client us still showing kong is not yet in downloaded state..the next file to download, john wick, has stopped transfering without completing.. emby notification is showing john wick downloading..the log just halts at the save file targetdocument file line.. no error displayed in log.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

as expected..the sync task kicks in again 15 mins later and starts to download kong again...presumably this would loop endlessly as the notice of completiion isn t getting through..

ginjaninja

if old sync data in appdata\sync on server could cause this issue, mine looks 'dirty' with old r.e.m. data. as reported r.e.m. never worked so the r.e.m. sync has long been removed from client interface.

Edited by ginjaninja

No in the beta I updated all of our third party libraries to their latest version and now it seems in related to the offline database there are some things that need to be worked out.

ginjaninja

its purposeful...my 250gb of medium transcoded movies which were already on the sd card are getting reduced in size/quality (2gb to 200 mb) and the subtitles are getting striped out of files and stored separately. The files are still configure for medium quality..thing is i dont know how emby is managing size reduction without an agressive conversion task on the server..so maybe my assesment is mistaken.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

movies which had not yet transferred due to bug above (perhaps related to the fact that they are still in appdata\sync are downloaded at expected/previous quality/filesize ie 2-3gb..maybe the old movies will reconvert again and resync at quality i was used to for setting medium...ill wait till it gets to end of queue...it looks like it gojng to go through music and tv again as their status is ready to transfer.

Yea i would disregard previous failures and look at new tests cases going forward, thanks.

ginjaninja

thanks for asking..no its not working..when everything has settled and nothing is due to transfer...if i sync just albumartist "r.e.m." i get

folders

r.e.m

r.e.m.

r.e.m. (1)

r.e.m. (2) etc

on the sd card.

in case its relevant the dreaded double albumartist is back for this artist, even after a 100% fresh install (keeping nothing but the media folders) ...two r.e.m. objects show in search results (one in \\xpp\music\r.e.m. and one in appdata.. in albumartist view only one shows.

incidentally (probably for another time) some albumartists have a path in the library of the media folder and some have the path in appdata...i thought that was a thing of the past....maybe i needed to also wipe all nfos from the  media folders on next rebuild.

Edited by ginjaninja

Ok since I think the only renaming issue in this topic is the R.E.M. example, and since there was an older thread previously created about it, there is where the discussion should be continued:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44977-offline-sync-problem-with-artist-names-ending-with

For anything else though I was just continue to open new topics as you have been. thanks.