Child Activity = Screen Allowance

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

This might be a bit left field and not sure if it is technically feasible but as a feature request would it be possible to have:

On a child's account have the ability for

Emby Andriod App read the pedometer (steps counted)

Set a schedule when the steps should be measured e.g Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm

Set Minimum step to reach before the app will play files (which can accumulate over days etc and child can still view and create playlists but not play files until minimum steps reached)

The driver for this request would be to encourage the child to use more physical effort (perhaps walk to school) with the incentive of screen time of their favourite media.

I know this sounds bad but the newest generation expects technology and encouragement for physical activity should be given any where possible;-)

Sounds like an interesting idea for the device OS or some other global app to implement perhaps but how long do you think it will take them to figure out to just shake their phone for a minute to get more time...? ;)

PrincessClevage

Sounds like an interesting idea for the device OS or some other global app to implement perhaps but how long do you think it will take them to figure out to just shake their phone for a minute to get more time...? ;)

Health and fitness apps don't increase step counts by shaking the phone, I can only assume that the pedometer and code is smart enough to recognise the difference. I am certain there will be encouragement by some children on their peers to run with their phone at lunch time tho;-)