Music Controls

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

I'm on Android 7.1.1, using the Emby app connecting to Chromecasts.

Hoping to see some improvements to the Android Emby experience centric to Music.

1. Pause/Next/Previous buttons on the lock screen (when a password is used too).

2. When I play music to my Chromecast I can't modify the playlist, or even see it, at all. I really need to be able to see and very conveniently modify the play queue.

3. I'd love swipe functions for switching songs, this is a convenience thing. Let's say I'm playing music and I'm in the app, swiping from right to left to play the next song is what my mobile expectation is, and this convenience would be nice.

4. I am unsure if this is present or not, but cross-fading would be nice, or gapless playback between songs. Again, haven't done enough testing yet for this particular element.

I think we're very close to having Emby be my go-to for media, including music. Right now it is for Video multimedia, but for music most of these things make the experience not usable currently.

Thanks peeps! :^)

BloodyIron

I just tested without chromecast and the way the playlist works without chromecast (playing on local speakers) seems to be a lot of what I would be interested in! If we could get that for chromecast it would be the shiznit. Please? :)

BloodyIron

If there's any testing or other areas I could help in, do let me know :)

I'm looking forward to this! Then I can hopefully finally ditch subsonic ;P

Thanks for the feedback.

• 7 months later...

Chromecast volume control with physical volume buttons will be supported in the next update to the app, thanks.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
BloodyIron

Woot! Now if we could get auto-sync as playing (auto download while starting to play something), I may just be ready to move my entire collection over!

Thanks for letting us know this is in here now yay! :D

Gapless audio playback is now in the mobile android and iOS apps:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66589-gapless-audio-testing

And it will come to more apps over time. Thanks !