Disable XBox 360 Gamepad in Emby

Tolerant

Tolerant

How can I disable a connected XBox 360 Gamepad in Emby but still have it working in my games (for example Vindictus)?

When I try to game and watch a movie, pushing my buttons is making movies do all sorts of pausing and other things. :(

Tolerant

Sorry, just the Emby using FireFox web broswer as the interface, Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 3.2.20.0 of Emby for Windows.

Tolerant

yes, when I have Vindictus in the foreground, get into a combat situation and want to slaughter things using my Gamepad.. anything I am watching on second monitor starts to pause/start/pause .. or depending on different buttons does different things.  I had given up the game thinking my PC was having issues.. it recently dawned on me when re-trying it, that it was the gamepad taking control of the video playback even while being used by the game.

Tolerant

What I can tell so far is this, FireFox "goes nuts" no matter if its fullscreen or windowed etc. And how I change from Game to Emby windows doesn't seem to matter.

Chrome has problems as well, IF I use the Windows Key to release focus, goto Emby in Chrome, then back to Vindictus.

However, IF I Show then Hide my in game Cursor in Vindictus, Chrome does work (Firefox does not work doing the same).

So I would not say Chrome has a "solve" for this directly, but it does have a semi-useable workaround in a crunch, if you screw around with the cursor once you get back into the game.

Tolerant

Tested with Version 3.2.22.0 Emby Server on Windows in FireFox and still having issues with the GamePad taking control over Emby's video playback, but Chrome seems to not have issues or at least fewer.

What if you minimize the window? Or put another browser tab in focus?