Android TV shows two videos as direct playing...

mini__me

mini__me

Hi there,

The Android TV application sometimes appears show two videos direct playing from the management server, I believe that this sometimes relates to issues with videos stopping randomly without warning in the Android TV client.

I've attached a server log but don't have debugging enabled on the Android client at the moment.  I'll enable and attempt to replicate tomorrow.

Cheers

Server: Version 3.2.20.0

Android TV: 1.4.17g

Server Log.txt

mini__me

The server shows two videos direct playing to the client at once.

I believe that this happens during playback of queued videos, when I stop and resume playback of a video in a queue.

When the video that's 'ghost' playing in the background stops then the video in the foreground also stops unexpectedly to the viewer.

Edited by mini__me

PenkethBoy

I would have to test on my tv which i can do later

- but i do see it on the Mobile Android app when seeking within a video thats transcoding

the "old" transcode continues for a short period after the seek is initiated

the new transcode then continues till you seek again

I assumed this is how it is supposed to work?

I used to get a lot of crashes on seek but the more recent beta Mobile app appears to have mostly fixed this - get occasional one but i think (still testing) thats due more to the library disks being spun down (so can timeout) as it appears to occur mostly when initially playing a movie etc

mini__me

I think this happened for the wife this afternoon on the FireTV, I wasn't in but she said she was watching a series of shows and playback was stopping.

Logs sent from the FireTV at roughly 13:30 BST user Steve

I wonder if it's related to the user auto log off?

I have previously set that that to 30 mins to try and minimize the grey screen on start of Emby that has been reported elsewhere.

EDIT: Forgot to attach server log

Server.txt

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

Again not in but the Mrs said playback stopped on the FireTV twice in a few minutes.

Roughly 9:37 and 9:45 BST User: Steve

Server logs are attached.

Server.txt