[FR/BR] Android TV 4.1.1 UI Navigation

schmitty

schmitty

Hi,

My sister and her husband access my emby server from a Matricom G Box with Android 4.1.1 installed.

Navigation is extremely difficult as UI selections are not clearly represented. You have to look closely at each item to actually see what is selected. Is this a known issue? if not, can it be looked into please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

is it even possible to install the ATV app on a vanilla Android device?

is it even possible to install the ATV app on a vanilla Android device?

That's why I'm wondering if he's actually installed the mobile app instead.

maegibbons

App can be installed on Android > 5.0  AFAIK regardless of whether it is Android TV spec hardware or not.

Obviously, issues arise with the cheap boxes.

So on 4.1.1 it probably is the mobile app.  If it is theTV app then it will be unsuppotable.

Go buy a fire stick or fire box now!!

Krs

Mark

schmitty

Quite possibly... I installed the app on my parent's box which is the same box, and it works fine. I'll check it out when I go there this weekend.

Edited by schmitty

schmitty

When navigating the UI in the the android app on a Matricom G box which is running Android 4.1.1, you can not clearly see which item has focus... you have to look closely, and only see a very slight change, which is the position... no highlight or other obvious change to the focused item

When navigating the UI in the the android app on a Matricom G box which is running Android 4.1.1, you can not clearly see which item has focus... you have to look closely, and only see a very slight change, which is the position... no highlight or other obvious change to the focused item

Well in the case of the mobile app there isn't really a focused item. You just point and click, or tap.