Switching ISP and Media Browser 3 Server

chef

I just switched ISP which means that my IP addresses changed, there was not even a blip with the Server and clients, the transition was smooth.

I simply restarted the Server and everything fell into place. Fantastic job guys!

swhitmore

I just switched ISP which means that my IP addresses changed, there was not even a blip with the Server and clients, the transition was smooth.

I simply restarted the Server and everything fell into place. Fantastic job guys!

Do you mean for access outside your network? You can use a DNS service to use a hostname rather then an IP and it should be even smoother. Your router will update the service whenever your IP changes.

Edited by swhitmore

BATTLE DONKEY

Mind if I ask what ISP u were with n to whom u switched to? I'm with BELL and I'm sick of getting hit in the wallet with overage fees because of their archaic bandwith caps. I'm thinking of switching to teksavvy now. I'm just curious about who u were with n switched to and overall satisfaction with whomever

Mind if I ask what ISP u were with n to whom u switched to? I'm with BELL and I'm sick of getting hit in the wallet with overage fees because of their archaic bandwith caps. I'm thinking of switching to teksavvy now. I'm just curious about who u were with n switched to and overall satisfaction with whomever

I also was with Bell, and there was a discrepancy with my bill for over a year. They had been charging me almost fifty collars to much, and with my wife and I and our busy life it went unnoticed.  there was as you can imagine no remorse for the person on the phone at Bell, so I canceled.

My brother in-law uses Tekksavy and swears by them. Apparently they are the best.

Between his Tekksavy account and his Magic Jack he pays next to nothing for his services.

I, on the other hand, am trying Cogeco for High Speed Cable.

Bell at 2.5MB/s for $275/ mo. (with phone)

Cogeco at almost 30MB/s (if you can believe that!) with basic cable and a phone line (same phone number) for only $120.

Ditch Bell! I hope that company dies slowly in  a pool of digital background noise!!!!

I could literally rant for hours about how awful that Telecommunications company is... but I won't....

What a difference.

Do you mean for access outside your network? You can use a DNS service to use a hostname rather then an IP and it should be even smoother. Your router will update the service whenever your IP changes.

That is awesome!! I am having a small issue setting it up this way. I think I have figured out how to do it though.

swhitmore

That is awesome!! I am having a small issue setting it up this way. I think I have figured out how to do it though.

Let me know if you need a hand. I use no-ip which my router supports. It's a great free DNS.

+1 ^    I also used no-ip for a while, very easy to set up. I got the free account but let it expire because I found I didn't use it enough. I just bookmarked my IP wherever I would need it, and the free no-ip account requires you to "check-in" every month or so, so I just let it lapse. It's definitely a nice service though!

WWWestern

Cogeco at almost 30MB/s (if you can believe that!) with basic cable and a phone line (same phone number) for only $120.

Hmm, Kazakhtelecom - 30/30 Mbps (international), 50/50 Mbps (nationalwide) + IPTV (108 channels) + phone on same single fiber for only 6478.56 KZT (or 35.06 USD).

3320347453.png

3320338858.png

3320342706.png

I thought that in Canada telco services is cheaper than at us. :o

I thought that in Canada telco services is cheaper than at us. :o

Unfortunately, not by a long shot...

I live in a rural area, and I'm stuck paying $65/month for 7mbps download/500kb upload. And that's the fastest internet we're offered in our area...

If I moved about 3km east, I'd be able get 30mbps for around $50/month... pretty annoying.

WWWestern

Unfortunately, not by a long shot...

I live in a rural area, and I'm stuck paying $65/month for 7mbps download/500kb upload. And that's the fastest internet we're offered in our area...

If I moved about 3km east, I'd be able get 30mbps for around $50/month... pretty annoying.

Yeaaah, I sympathize. A little less than a year ago, I was almost in the same position with ADSL - 4 Mbps/1 Mbps for ~40 USD/month. But by the end of this year the company should cover almost the whole city (~233 K officially) with FTTH. For individual houses and mobile offered LTE 4G.

And you have a CATV cable Internet? It is a pity that you can not use fully, at this rate, all the advantages MB3 video streaming. I do not understand, with the South such a powerful vacuum cleaner to suck people and businesses as the U.S., why your authorities do not take vigorous measures and moderate appetites of a telco?

trusselo

MegaBIT                                                                  KiloBYTE

Home Cable Internet

3322725119.png  3322731304.png

Bell LTE (samsung galaxy S4)

743259066.png