docker-server can't read subtitle correct with file encoding gb2312

fcymk2
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

fcymk2

I test in emby-docker-server and emby-windows-server. 

My subtitle's file encoding is gb2312. 

In emby-windows-server(192.168.1.10), It work fine, the subtitle can be displayed. 

In emby-docker-server(192.168.1.199), the subtitle can be found, but didn't  be displayd. 

If I chang the file encoding from gb2312 to UTF-8 whih bom, both emby-windows-server and emby-docker-server work fine. 

594f7fce7d822_1.png

594f7fe982768_2.png

The.Salesman.2016.BluRay.1080p.AAC.x264-MTeamPAD.chs.srt

can you please zip up the subtitles and attach them? can you also attach the emby server log from the docker attempt that didn't work? thanks.

• Solution

@@fcymk2, thanks, i see the issue with docker. As part of the installation, we need to include some additional localization libraries so that we can support properly decoding the files with the character set they are using. We will look to add this in an upcoming update (although it won't be the very next one). Thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
fcymk2

@@fcymk2, thanks, i see the issue with docker. As part of the installation, we need to include some additional localization libraries so that we can support properly decoding the files with the character set they are using. We will look to add this in an upcoming update (although it won't be the very next one). Thanks !

Look forward to follow-up updates, thanks~~