General Folders not showing any files

wizbowes

wizbowes

Hi,

I've searched the forum but can't find anything - however I'm sure this must be a common issue so please forgive me if this has been asked many times before.

I have two generic folders - one of recorded TV from media player, one of items I've grabbed using get_iplayer.  Both folders contain a complete mix of series of programs.  When I enter the folder although it may say 18 unwatched files on the cover, no files show at all - it's as if the folder is empty.  All I want is to be able to open the folder and see all my stuff.  No need to fetch meta data, just show me the file names and an icon so I can watch them.

What am I doing wrong?

When you setup the media folder for them, what type did you give it?  I would think using something like Home Videos would probably be best.

trusselo

Both folders contain a complete mix of series of programs

well MB doesnt care about the programs. so general type is probably not the best choice.

they contain tv series, should be TV type folder.  no?

Edited by trusselo

well MB doesnt care about the programs. so general type is probably not the best choice.

they contain tv series, should be TV type folder.  no?

But it doesn't sound like they are in any sort of structure. They are just all sorts of programs mixed into one folder from the sound of it.

wizbowes

So here are the screen grabs.  And to answer the other questions:

• The folders are in my TV Shows main folder - so other shows are sorted by TV type.
  • The files are not in any sort of structure in this folder - it's just a dumping ground really.
  • The folders are children of a folder designated as a TV Shows

The Folder:

5306a315edb0d_Screenshot20140221004513.p

In MediaBrowser3 - shows unwatched files (oddly 11 when there's 12 programs in there)

5306a34eea5bd_Screenshot20140221004555.p

What I see when I open the folder:

5306a36ac3261_Screenshot20140221004605.p

Edited by wizbowes

Koleckai Silvestri

Pretty sure you really can't mix different seasons in the same folder. However there is no metadata for these episodes shown in your screen shots. Do you have a hidden metadata folder in the BBC directory?

I suspect though that if you make three subfolders for the three different shows you have there, it will start working. The problem is there is no television series named "BBC" so it can't make a series for this.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Pretty sure you really can't mix different seasons in the same folder. However there is no metadata for these episodes shown in your screen shots. Do you have a hidden metadata folder in the BBC directory?

I suspect though that if you make three subfolders for the three different shows you have there, it will start working. The problem is there is no television series named "BBC" so it can't make a series for this.

Actually he can. It's supported, but there is a bug with it in the current release version of the server. the workaround is your suggestion, and/or wait until the next release when it will be resolved.