Widgets & Recently Added Episodes

codenamegamma

codenamegamma

so to start I'm using Xonfluence the problem im having is the Default Recently Added Episodes for the Widget shows the Show Name, Episode Name and Episode Number and that's great, but i have separate libraries for TV Shows and Anime Series and even if i go into kodi and disallow say the Anime Series Library for the use in Kodi it still shows recently added episodes for ALL TV Show Libraries. so that doesn't work for me. the obvious solution is to make a smart playlist by tag and then sort it by NEW or use the Recently Added Emby Node for that library, but when i do that and set that playlist to the widget it loses all the nice stuff and only shows the name of the episode like "1x11 - Episode name Here" so if im dumping a bunch of different shows like i do during the week it's impossible to tell what shows have new episodes added to them. is any way anyway either change the widget and force it to show that the correct metadata or change and create a new base Recently added to lock out certain libraries? 

here is the nice recently added widget and what it looks like

594bfc1a707ef_NiceWidget.png

and here is the widget if i set it to the Recently Added Node or create a playlist to do the same thing.

594bfc533417a_uglywidget.png

Any help would be great, Thanks.

Angelblue05

Can you tell me the path kodi shows for your widget? I know that Kodi sometimes assumes video nodes are music (don't know why), but that caused bugs like this.

codenamegamma

Library://video/emby/b434bd24836c87d7ed200dcf350c0a2a/recentepisodes.xml

file path is.

Kodi\userdata\library\video\emby\b434bd24836c87d7ed200dcf350c0a2a\recentepisodes.xml

the xml for it or anyone i set all look like this. 

<node order="3" type="filter">
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="tag" operator="is">
    <value>TV Shows</value>
  </rule>
  <label>Recently Added Episodes</label>
  <icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon>
  <content>episodes</content>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
  <limit>25</limit>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
</node>

Edited by codenamegamma

codenamegamma

as far as the default one that it likes to use and actually shows up correctly. 

Kodi\userdata\library\video\tvshows\recentlyaddedepisodes.xml

and its contents is as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="11" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(TVShows)">
  <label>20387</label>
  <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon>
  <path>videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/</path>
</node>

sorry about the double post the 1st reply didnt let me add text under the code box for whatever reason.

Edited by codenamegamma

Angelblue05

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: Ok I'm able to reproduce, but now to fix it... hmmm... 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry, I've tried everything I could think of, I don't think I'll be able to solve this one. We just use tags to filter the library accordingly. We have no control over the listing, because we use video nodes which is controlled internally by Kodi. The proper info labels shows in you actually navigate to recent episodes. It's really weird for sure, but my guess is there's something special about the default videodb:// paths.

Different skins will give you different results. For a more consistent and full experience, I suggest using a skin that uses skin helper by marcelveldt, like Titan.

Edited by Angelblue05

codenamegamma

yea, its really annoying, since I have a 144 TV Shows and 148 Anime Series, so for someone like my mom or other adults who dont care about anime it would be nice to get them separated out considering its more than half of the "TV Shows" collection I have. the only reason why I like doing it that way is that the widgets show what's new without having to go into anything so if i add new content i don't have to say "There's the new episode of _________" they can see it when they update, but it just showing the 1x11 - Episode Name isn't very useful if you the picture isn't something you recognise from the show. unfortunately, no other skin fits my needs for doing this since the new default one in kodi 17 is a mess and easy to get lost in if you have no idea what you're looking for or how really navigate around. 

Angelblue05

I will keep it in mind and let you know if I find a solution eventually. I'll ask around in the Kodi forums. To me, it just seems like infolabels are not loaded in and it just uses a default name string. But the thing is it's all Kodi returning that info, it doesn't involve the add-on.

Angelblue05

Install this build. Then for your custom widget, set the path to:

plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id={LibraryName}&mode=recentepisodes&limit=25

Replace {LibraryName} with the Emby view tag used in Kodi so the final path would look something like this:

plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=TV&mode=recentepisodes&limit=25

plugin.video.emby-2.3.49a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

codenamegamma

almost there, its now showing the episode name at least. i was worried that the string would fail because there was a space in my case "Anime Series" but it worked. if we could get the show name id be happy as a clam. also since i have you are the main dev for the kodi plugin? if so i have a wish list feature i wish to add after this is going good. 

594e1fdca540b_Screenshot_20170624021153.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No, you need to switch the type of display to thumbnails, it probably set back to it's default poster (that's why the image is also smaller)

You could say that, yes. Feel free to propose features.

Edited by Angelblue05

codenamegamma

ok so thats weird, it does work if i set it to thumbnail. on my pc that is running kodi 17. 

594e24e2e9e72_WidgetThumbKodi17.png

and as you can see the Setting for setting it to thumbnail is there, but....

594e255add685_Widgetsettings17png.png

on my Android TV Box running SPMC based on Kodi 16, the same version of the skin and addon. the option is not there at all. 

594e25864b0d8_Screenshot_20170624023333.

So i guess i'll try updating it or see if there's a spmc that's kodi 17 based. im probably going to have to re deploy all 3 boxes i have now.  but at least its working.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I don't know why the setting would be missing, maybe it's worth asking the skin dev on the kodi forums.

codenamegamma

yea, for whatever reason on 16 it's not there but after getting the proper kodi 17.3 from google play then after installing xonfluence it shows up. so i'll reinstall emby and reset everything up and once I'm done I'll post a pic and give a final confirmation.  as far as my suggestion it would be nice if there was a way to switch emby users without resyncing the all the emby libraries. like when i've been deploying a new instance of kodi i just use a backup that's completely setup so there's minimal stuff I have to redo. but since syncing take a long time on a low memory Android TV box or a Raspberry pi, it would be nice if i didnt have to completely reset the addon and libraries to change to the user i have setup for that deployment. because setting a new username with or without password in the app settings it doesn't ever switch out of whatever user was previously setup with. so eventually a "Switch User" in the settings so it relogs in as that user then if the libraries dont match then it will look for changes and register them rather then resync everything. 

anyway thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it. 

codenamegamma

ok, so with kodi 17.3 on android its working fine. 

594e3d7fe592c_Screenshot_20170624042038.

so again thanks for your help, i this has been bothering me for months on end now, really glad to finally have a fix. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

For users, that's not the way the addon works. You are supposed to create other kodi profiles, to set up multiple emby users in Kodi.

Once a user is setup in a kodi profile, it should not be changed unless you reset your local database and wipe the information. Each kodi profile will have one emby user. Then each profile will import emby content for their emby user account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1