Resume position is not remembered

Zodler

Zodler

This is a new bug. This did not happen before. When I play for example 2 files from a library, ios forgets the resumable episode and tag it as unplayed.

Zodler

Update, it is not just iOS. This problem happens also when I play the files inside a web browser and use the server interface. Might be a server bug.

Zodler

This is very easy to test. You just have to play 2 episodes. I made a clean server with only 2 files and here are the logs.

First, I played episode 1 then stopped. In the main menu you see the episode resumable.

Then I played episode 2 and stopped in the middle. If you go to the main menu only episode 2 is resumable.

Episode 1 playback history is erased. Like never played.

Here are the very small clean logs.

server-63633696913.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-5a131da1-fd03-4cab-85bb-4ad1317669fb.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-6cd84cfa-1701-43de-9b36-93e43ced8751.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-77e1eb9e-594c-4115-a254-70056adaaf19.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-6251f949-bfac-437a-9a1d-e128c217d429.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-431311e3-f020-4738-909f-bd40fbc50f14.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-19328199-ac69-4e60-ab41-c547ac8cb4b4.txt

Zodler

Not sure if I understand but I did it with firefox within the server web interface on Windows 10 for this specific log.

But as I said before it also happens in iOS app.

Zodler

Well that's hard to say. I have tried several ways. One is to go inside the series, then I go into season 1, then I go into each episode and click play.

If you just play 2 episodes I think you will see it.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play have you seen this?

Yes, just tested this by starting ep 1 and fast forwarding to the middle and stopping, it appear with resume point.  Then started ep 2 and ep 1 resume point disappeared, as described above.

Happy2Play

Follow up - it applies to back to back episodes.  If you have resume for 1 you can have resume for 3, if you stop 3 and watch 4 you lose 3 and 1 and 4 have resumes.  Hope that makes sense.

Zodler

It is not only for back to back episodes. It happens if I play 2 episodes from 2 different series.

Zodler

It's resolved for the next release, thanks.

Thanks. So it's a server problem? Since it's a major thing because you can't watch any episodes and resume, please inform us when it is released. Hopefully it is soon.

Happy2Play

Thanks. So it's a server problem? Since it's a major thing because you can't watch any episodes and resume, please inform us when it is released. Hopefully it is soon.

Are you saying you can't resume something that has a resume point? 

The having resume points for episode 1 and 2 is fixed in beta 3.2.20.10.

Zodler

No I'm not saying that. I can resume an episode with a resume point. That is no problem.

Since I watch several episodes concurrently and watch something else before finishing another episode, every progress is lost.

Zodler

I installed Server 3.2.20.10 beta. If you play inside a web browser, it works correctly now. Remembering the resume points.

However, the iOS app has still the problem. This issue is not resolved for iOS. Please do the same test inside the iOS app.

• 3 weeks later...
Zodler

Thank you. I just tested it and it works correctly now as before the bug.

By the way, it would be great if we had simple gestures. Swipe left or right to jump few seconds back or forward.

Edited by Zodler