Next Up Skipping Episodes

pt1xoom

pt1xoom

There seems to be a problem with the next up.  

Example:

I started watching a new TV show called Broken.  There are 3 episodes.

After watching Episode 1, Episode 3 showed up at the next up.

I have click the unwatched button on E1, E1 is show as the next up, then I click watched on E1, then E3 is the next up.  This skips E2.

Server Version 3.2.20.0

Make sure e2 does not have a sort title that is inconsistent with the others.

Happy2Play

Hi.  The files are all named correctly, I think.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

No you need to look at the metadata (Edit Info) for each episode in Web interface and look at the Sort Title field.  Or even directly in the nfo file.

pt1xoom

Thank you very much.  I added the information in the Sort Title, and that seemed to work.

Was the sort title inconsistent from the others? Is it OK if the sort title is blank as Emby can manage it automatically. What's will cause this type of issue is if it is handled inconsistently amongst episodes of the same series. Thanks !

pt1xoom

No, the sort title was blank. I filled in the name of the series, and now it is showing correctly in next up. When left blank, it does not seem to be working the way you described.

Now that I think about it, I added the new season of 12 monkeys, and the same thing happened. E2 was next even though I didn't watch E1. I fixed that by moving the season files from the file directory, scanning the library, then re-adding the season files, and re-scan.

Existing shows work without this step.

Most likely because there are other episodes with non-blank sort titles. If they were all blank it should be fine. Thanks.

CBers

I think @@FrostByte had an issue with American Gods which was showing episode 6 as the next episode, even though he had only watched the first 3.

I tested it and got the same results.

On the same subject, I have a TV series that never shows up in Next Up, even though I've watched all the previous episodes, but that's a story for another day.

FrostByte

Yep, American Gods was a problem, but I've caught up with them all now so it's gone.  

It always showed episode 6 was Next Up.  I thought maybe because episode 5 had "DD5.1" in the filename, but when I removed that and rescanned the Next Up changed to episode 5 and episode 4 should have been next at that time.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=253573&seasonid=608080&lid=7

pt1xoom

When I checked the series Broken, all three episodes had blank sort titles.

FrostByte

All my episodes have blank sort titles in every series I have and never had a problem before.  I believe it's blank by default unless you populate it with something

CBers

On the same subject, I have a TV series that never shows up in Next Up, even though I've watched all the previous episodes, but that's a story for another day.

My issue with the TV series, was that 2 of the episodes had data in the sort title.

As soon as I removed them, Next Up TV worked correctly.