A few Live TV usability options

rich110

rich110

I use the Media Portal Plugin and I've been really impressed with the increase speed of the Live TV component of Emby following the last server update - thank you. 

The one thing that has stopped me adopting Emby in our everyday lounge room setup (over Kodi) are some live TV "usability" tweaks, namely

1. The option that pressing "OK" on a currently-live guide program jumps straight to the channel (rather then having to press "Play" on a pop-up windows as currently is the case)

2. The ability to change channels using "+" and "-" (or other) buttons while watching live tv 

3. The ability to bring up the guide (as an overly) while live tv continues to playing in the background

These feature would be the final requirements for me to switch to Emby full-time (ideally in Emby Theatre as well as web app).

Keep up the great work. 

Cheers, 

Rich

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Untoten

@@Luke how are you tracking these issues?  Tracking from the forum, with 68 pages of FR's alone is not viable, as requests are frequently, quickly buried.  Can there be an interface the users can actually see to view the top endorsed FR's and progress?  This is quickly becoming an unmanageable mess that is not going to become anything but more difficult.

Spaceboy

i'm sorry but i dont understand why the change was made to start playback from choosing an on now program. 

now there is no convenient way to start recording the program that is on now. the only options are to start playback and then you get a record button, but this takes 30s or so. or go from the guide to the channel listing, to the channel you want, to the program you want and then you can record.

this is a completely retrograde step. you've replaced what was 2 clicks to open the program description and hit play with many clicks and wasted time. you need to have a sensible way of initiating a recording for an on now program from the guide