Deleted wrong user

kingfenix

kingfenix

OK, I deleted a user profile that was apparently the only one that was an admin user, now I can't access things. (I created a new user and it was somehow linked to a pre-existing account, so deleting the new one, deleted my pre-existing account also!!!)

How can I manually add a user profile thats a admin, assuming I have file level access can I edit myself into a config somewhere?

kingfenix

kingfenix

I've searched for user profile and read pretty much any post I can find, I dont see anything about this, am I the first person to be in this situation, lol

Edited by kingfenix

Good day,

First shutdown the mb3 server.

Then go to the mb3 server install at users folder, normally:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\users

*username = your login windows profile name.

Then look at that folder, see any user name folder there and open the xml inside that folder, file for user name and open (with notepad as example) the config.xml, and change this line:

<IsAdministrator>false</IsAdministrator>

To be:

<IsAdministrator>true</IsAdministrator>

Save the file, then start MB3 server and login with that profile you just change.

My best

Hmmm... I thought we had put in a check to make it impossible to delete the last admin user because I remember this coming up a while back.  I guess not or there is a problem with it.

kingfenix

yes, just to give some more info ebr. I had a single admin user, and created a second one....but both the old and new accounts had the same id somehow. When I clicked the new user I was shown the old one, I was completely unable to set a password or look at details for my new user even though it was in the list. So then I tried to delete the new user, and it deleted both the new and the old as well, leaving me with no admin user.

very strange that the new user was not given a new id, but instead used the same id as the old one, thats what got me in this situation....

Thank you Abobader, I will do this now.