MCE Remote in web app?

jachin99

jachin99

Has anyone gotten a MCE remote to work using the emby web app using any browser.  It seems like there would be some kind of plugin somewhere that would accomplish this, or at least media control keyboard shortcuts built into some web browser. 

jachin99

i found them in the wiki but the wiki also lists mce remote codes that are supposed to work.  On my particular setup, I can't get these codes to function, and I've had this problem in the past.  I'm thinking there was a change made to remote codes between the XP, and Vista/7 so I'm guessing if I try the same thing with a standard IR remote I might have better luck.  But here are the keyboard shortcuts for anyone that comes across this post, and thanks for the help

• spacebar: toggle play/pause
  • control-shift-a: cycle through audio tracks
  • control-p: toggle play/pause
  • control-shift-p: play selected media
  • control-shift-s: stop
  • control-shift-f: skip forward
  • control-f: next chapter or track
  • control-shift-b: skip backward
  • control-b: previous chapter or track
  • left: rewind, if on-screen display is not showing
  • right: fast-forward, if on-screen display is not showing
  • F8: toggle mute
  • F9: volume down
  • F10: volume up

jachin99

Keyboard commands, and mce remote functionality aren't working for me in a chrome browser.  The one keyboard shortcut that does work is space for pause and play.  The on screen controls do work.  What could be causing this

jachin99

The keyboard shortcuts work for page you linked me to.  What is the difference between that web address, and emby.media, and why do my keyboard shortcuts only work for one?  Is there a way to get mce remote codes working at that address also?

At what address exactly? The tv.emby.media app is designed for a big screen with a remote control, and that's why it currently has the feature.

jachin99

For tv.emby.media keyboard shortcuts work but MCE remotes don't work in chrome.  

For emby.media keyboard shortcuts, and MCE remotes do not work. 

Correct, we have not added them to app.emby.media.

As far as mce remotes, some will work and some will not. There's nothing we can do about that in the web app. You will need to open an issue with Google Chrome to support more remote input.

jachin99

Ok, thanks.  Do you know if mce remotes work for emby in any other browsers, such as firefox?

Edited by jachin99

Because browser api's allow us to catch keyboard commands. They don't always allow us to catch special operating system commands, and that is why some of the MCE remotes do not work in the browser.

• 3 months later...
jachin99

Is there a way to send raw transport stream commands to an instance of emby running in chrome?  If so, I can very likely make this MCE remote friendly via EventGhost.