Andriod TV only, stopped playing media it had previously played

pvcleave

pvcleave

I have a couple of TV series that I ripped as pass-through MKV files. They previously played on my Android TV device, but stopped a few days ago. They continue to play on other Emby players, regular Android, Emby theater, Web, just not Android TV app. I put the TV app on my phone, and it will not play when I have the app on my phone, but plays through the regular app on the same phone. I put the regular app on my TV device and it plays the files. The TV app, only has trouble with a couple series. I cannot find anything unique about them. Other series encoded the same way work fine.  

I noticed the app updated a few days ago, around the time the file stopped playing. Since this seems unique to the Android TV app, and an update occurred around the time it stopped working, it is an issue with the app. Is this a known issue? 

pvcleave

I have tried it on a Android TV device and my LG V20. What I mean by stopped playing, is when I select it, after about two seconds it goes to the next episode. There is no error message. If I turn off having it go to the next episode, when I select it, after a second it drops back to the screen where I select the show to play. I only have this issue using the Android TV app, regardless of device. Those same devices play the show fine, if I use the regular Android app. Since I am using this on a TV with a remote, I wanted to use the Emby app for Android TV. I can also play them using the Emby plugin for Kodi. The two TV shows will only not play with the Emby app for Android TV, on multiple devices. Those same shows will play on other Emby app, even on the same device. Other shows and movies play fine on the Emby Android TV app.

In addition to the above information, please explain exactly what was the "Android TV device" - Nexus Player, Fire TV, Shield...?

pvcleave

The devices I used to test were Amlogic NEXBOX-A95X and an LG V20. I know the LG V20 is not an Android TV device, but I wanted to test the app on a different nit to see if it was the device or app.

Neither of those are official android TV devices.  What version of Android?  (also the logging info requested above)