Specials mixed in with Seasons

pgriffith
Go to solution Solved by Starkadius,

There's nothing wrong with it. It depend on values in metadata. if those values aren't there you won't get it.

daedalus

i didnt change the metadata since the time it worked for me and the values are set correct e.g. like this -> 5343ff24b4520_Unbenannt.png

Edited by daedalus

• 1 month later...
daedalus

oh sorry missed the new thread about this problem

thanks @@Starkadius the missing season number did the trick

but this field doesnt seem to be fetched automatically similar to you none of my seasons had this value set and a refresh didnt get it

Edited by daedalus

Starkadius

oh sorry missed the new thread about this problem

thanks Starkadius the missing season number did the trick

but this field doesnt seem to be fetched automaticlly similar to you none of my seasons had this value set and a refresh didnt get it

You are correct it isn't fetched automatically, I had to do a manual refresh in the metadata manager in bulk by going to the metadata manager and refreshing the TV parent folder using "Add Missing Data Only". I see this as an issue because not many people are aware of this so will not know if the specials will appear within their seasons without having to manually refresh the shows. I may be wrong but I think when you add a new series/season it should fill that field automatically but it wont for shows already in the library prior to the server update that added this new field...

538e3fbdca928_20140603_143345.png

daedalus

above with refresh i meant a manual refresh and for me nor a single nor a "bluk" refresh over all series gets me the season number filled in

ah and the "new series" thing also doesnt work ;)  i set up a dummy series and there the season number also didnt got filled

Edited by daedalus

Starkadius

Ah I see the issue now. I think I know why it is not fetching the season number.

Download artwork and metadata from the internet - If this is unchecked season number will not be fetched.

538e48542a3f6_20140603_150852.png

Download artwork and metadata from the internet - Checked and you should be able to fetch season numbers.

538e485adb0d6_20140603_150837.png

daedalus

hmm for some reason again this suddenly stopped working for me and unlike the last time i cant get it back working by a "million" restarts and refreshes

Starkadius

really i cant say what exactly did the trick last time but i didnt do anything else :huh:  and after one restart it worked

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6367-doctor-who-2005-season-viewing-order/&do=findComment&comment=88824

Are you saying you are still having this problem or is it working now?

Edit: Just in case you are saying it isn't working. Please check here and see if this fixes it.

Edited by Starkadius

• 1 year later...

Is there any chance of getting this made into a Global option?

It already is a global option.