Casting to Chromecast doesn't work

godiedelrio

godiedelrio

Hi everybody. I'm connecting to an emby server in my local home network from a Chrome web browser in a smartphone. In the movie section I click the cast button and then choose the Chromecast device. The Emby Chromecast app loads after a few seconds and starts to load backdrops. When I click the play button, the "in progress wheel" appears on the TV and stays there indefinitely. The movie won't play.

In the attached log, 192.168.1.7 is the Chromecast IP.

I wish someone can figure out what's happening here.

Thanks in advance.

Emby server version: 3.2.20.0

emby-server-extract.log

Hi @@godiedelrio, would you mind please trying again? please reboot your chromecast device, connect again and then let me know if it is any different. thanks.

b0dyr0ck2006

One of my users has reported the same issues, it doesn't matter what he try's it just stays stuck on the loading wheel. He has tried: rebooting the chromecast, resetting to factory, rebooting his phone, deleting the app and trying again, asked me to reboot the server. However he can stream anything else such as YouTube fine, also he can playback fine on his device just not the chromecast.

This has been over the last week and he is fully updated to all the newest software

godiedelrio

Hi @@Luke. I rebooted the Chromecast video, tried again and the same happens.

The Chromecast IP is 192.168.1.7 as can be seen in the log I attached.

It is worth mentioning that there's also a Chromecast audio in my home network that plays audio streams served by the emby server without problem.

Emby server version: 3.2.20.0

emby-server-extract-15-06-2017.log

godiedelrio

@@Luke, I don't know what has changed since the last time I tried, but I've just managed to cast video to Chromecast from Emby server.

Thanks.