Live IPTV on Android TV - Play through server (No transcoding)

kf6dlq
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kf6dlq

I know this is a strange question, but will try to explain.  I want to play a stream through the EMBY server without transcoding, but, also not use direct stream through the Android TV Client.  

Reason being, I have a VPN setup, the EMBY server is actually located right next to the IPTV server, and is connected to my hope via OpenVPN.  I am located in Nevada, the server is in Netherlands.  Is there a way for the server to restream it without transcoding it?  I know it is a strange request, but didn't want my client to connect to the IPTV server, I wanted to go through the VPN.  Is this possible?  Or is the only way to transcode it?

I know, weird request. 

If there is no way to do this other than to transcode it, is there any setting on the android app or via a config file on the android system to change a buffer size for the android app?

Jdiesel

Is there not an option in the Android TV settings to enable/disable direct stream? I've never really used it but I do know that my IPTV streams direct play on my Android TV (latest beta) until I enable trick play which then forces them to direct stream.

• Solution

Hi, we always avoid transcoding whenever possible. Just because ffmpeg is utilized, it does not mean transcoding is taking place. For example, we have the ability to do preserve original audio/video with just a container swap.

• Like 1

Is there not an option in the Android TV settings to enable/disable direct stream? I've never really used it but I do know that my IPTV streams direct play on my Android TV (latest beta) until I enable trick play which then forces them to direct stream.

Can you please play one of these and then send a log through the app (and tell me what you played and when)?  Thanks.

Jdiesel

Can you please play one of these and then send a log through the app (and tell me what you played and when)?  Thanks.

Sure I will test this scenario later today and post some logs.