Convert Tv recordings on schedule?

tdiguy

tdiguy

Now how do i get auto organize to play well with conversions? It seems like they use slightly different naming conventions for the files. The recordings name the file with the series name recorded date and episode name. I think auto organize is looking for something like a folder with the series name then files with something like s1 e10 in the name.

For auto-organize it needs to be one of our accepted episode naming conventions. Recordings will save that way, when the episode and season number information are available.

tdiguy

That is part of what I am having issue with. The recordings are being saved as show name recorded date episode name. The library seems to have no issue getting the information but auto organize does not seem to recognize it. Can I change the naming convention for recording live TV?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's right, sorry. We may have not yet added by date support to auto-organize. but you don't need to use the feature anyway, you're just creating an extra step. Just set your tv series recording to whatever the destination library you want it to be.

tdiguy

I am pretty sure this is working well now. It looks like it is recording and converting on its own and the library is updating. 

Only thing i had to do was make a cron job to delete the old .ts files once converted. 

Converting in this manner is so much easier on the little pi :) mp4 playback with the hardware acceleration enabled is nice and snappy. 

I must say this is a great product. 

tdiguy

If i delete files from the source folder after they have been downloaded will it create a problem trying to sync?

for example i have /media/emby/Recorded-TV/Mpeg2/The Big Bang Theory/episode1.ts which gets converted and synched over to /media/emby/Recorded-TV/General/TV/The Big Bang Theory/episode1.mp4

If i delete the .ts file and or directory will emby have a fit trying to locate the old files? If so is there a way to go about this so it won't?

If you schedule a sync for something and then later the file doesn't exist, then yes there might be some errors that show up in the sync panel. nothing that the server can't handle though.

tdiguy

Ok I also just found that the reason for the recordings being named with the recorded date was because my guide script was not pulling detailed information, kinda weird to me that season and episode number is considered detailed info, but pretty sure emby has literally no control over that. Anyway now that my script pulls down that info into the XML guide the recordings are all sxex format. I will poke around a bit, I think I can get auto organize to automatically purge my giant .TS files now that recordings are in a format that will play nice.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hooray4me

Are you using linux or windows? You can re-mux without transcoding with ffmpeg -i input.ts -acodec copy -vcodec copy out.mp4 manually...

You can also take the scripted approach for post-processing:

nano myscript.sh

TSVIDEO=$1
basename=$2
FFMPEGPATH="/usr/bin/ffmpeg"
b=$(echo "$basename" | sed "s/...$//")

TS=${#TSVIDEO}
base=${#basename}
let TSPATHlen=$TS-$base
TSPATH="${TSVIDEO:0:$TSPATHlen}"
cd "$TSPATH"
echo "$b.mp4"