Feature Request - Unwatched Image Overlay

gcw07

Would it actually increase it much though. I mean instead of me fetching the single resized/untreated image, I would be fetching the resized/untreated/overlay image. So it would be replacing one cached item for another potentially.

But the roku is not the only client in use and different views may or may not show this information. In actual use it is hard to say what the real impact would be but the potential for a large one is definitely there so we have to weigh that.

gcw07
But the roku is not the only client in use and different views may or may not show this information. In actual use it is hard to say what the real impact would be but the potential for a large one is definitely there so we have to weigh that.
Well what I was saying was no matter what, I doubt any other client uses the same sized/untreated images I'm using anyways. So the impact would probably the same with or without the overlay I'd imagine. At least that is my thinking. I could be wrong and I understand you need to weigh the impact on the whole. It is just impossible right now to know if you have watched something on the Roku or not and there is no way to add it in to the client itself. The Roku is fairly limited on what you can do unfortunately.

It would take some effort and we'd have to be sure it didn't slow things down too much, but maybe we could get creative and, if one of these options is specified, we build the image on the fly each time from a cached base and a cached overlay. That way we only increase the cache by the number of possible overlays.