Change Metadata Folder Location

jmccl069

jmccl069

I have just changed from Windows Emby Server to Freenas and am having issues with changing the Metadata folder (ImagesbyName).

I have gone into the Library / Advanced tab and tried changing the Metadata path. It lets me select the correct folder but when I hit "Save" it just gives me the rotating circle and doesn't do anything else.

My previous windows installation had no problems with changing the metadata location.

Anyone else have this problem?

Alternately can someone tell me where the config file for this is on Freenas so I can edit it manually?

Thanks...

It looks like the server does not have write access to the location  you specified:

2017-06-13 08:05:52.1674 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.17.0
	Command line: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
	Operating system: Unix 10.3.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Mono: 4.4.2 (Stable 4.4.2.11/f72fe45 Mon Aug 22 04:48:30 UTC 2016)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Storage/Metadata/c57ee8fb-ed1b-426e-b3a7-4e5543e85046" is denied.

That's something you'll need to look at, however, we can certainly do a better job of informing you about this as opposed to just a spinning circle, so we'll look at that, thanks.

jmccl069

It looks like the server does not have write access to the location  you specified:

That's something you'll need to look at, however, we can certainly do a better job of informing you about this as opposed to just a spinning circle, so we'll look at that, thanks.

Thanks for the info Luke. Looks like I have solved the problem with the permissions.

Followed this post: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-to-giving-plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

Solution #2 seemed to work